Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 5:59:01 PM EDT
After reading the "Should Cop Killers be handed a 'special' sentence?" thread, I thought turn it around.  Should cops who commit murder (or other crimes) get a "special" sentence?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they swear an oath and given delegated powers if they intentionally abuse them then the punishment should be higher.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#2]
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, they knew the law, and they chose to break the untimate one.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#4]
They should be sentenced to live in the general population of a maximum security prison
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They should be sentenced to live in the general population of a maximum security prison

And wear only assless chaps.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#6]
i think that if they just commit a crime they should be treated like everyone else, BUT if they use their power to try to cover up that crime, they should be treated VERY harshly
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i think that if they just commit a crime they should be treated like everyone else, BUT if they use their power to try to cover up that crime, they should be treated VERY harshly

That sounds fair.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Same exact, general population. No special exemptions because USED to be LEO.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#9]
No.  They will get their own "special" sentence when they end up in prison.  I hear not too many inmates take kindly to any kind of  ex-policeman in their house.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No.  They will get their own "special" sentence when they end up in prison.  I hear not too many inmates take kindly to any kind of  ex-policeman in their house.

That's why they go to AD - SEG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top