Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2013 4:31:43 AM EDT
Handled a m&p 9c but have never shot one.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:33:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a Shield instead.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:34:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't buy before you shoot, if you can.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:39:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I will never trade off my 642....
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:40:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:40:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:41:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, I have and carry both. If I could only have one? Yeah, I would probably go with the M&P.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:41:41 AM EDT
[#7]
The 642 is a staple firearm.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:44:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Hell no!

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:44:35 AM EDT
[#9]
All depends on what you use the weapon for.  The M&P9c is not really a pocket carry gun.  The 642 is.  The M&P is a better belt gun (more capacity) than the 642.  I'm gonna go with the standard ARFCOM line and say "GET BOTH!".
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:48:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding. I love my snubbie.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:51:16 AM EDT
[#11]
A S&W 642 is a light pocket gun you can easily carry in your pocket with a  cheap Uncle Mike's pocket holster, even with shorts and no belt.

I have an M&P 9C as well, but it's not really possible to pocket carry.  You need an IWB holster and heavy duty belt.  

The guns serve two different roles IMO.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:51:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All depends on what you use the weapon for.  The M&P9c is not really a pocket carry gun.  The 642 is.  The M&P is a better belt gun (more capacity) than the 642.  I'm gonna go with the standard ARFCOM line and say "GET BOTH!".
View Quote

The M&P9c can be pocket carried but surely is about as big as pants pockets will allow.  If I found myself in a dangerous situation I'd much rather have the 9c for capacity and ability to get shots off quickly.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:53:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The M&P9c can be pocket carried but surely is about as big as pants pockets will allow.  If I found myself in a dangerous situation I'd much rather have the 9c for capacity and ability to get shots off quickly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've wrestled with this, and "can" pocket carry a G26 or M&P 9C, but you have to be very selective on pants and it's still a very tight fit even with front pockets that can accommodate these guns.

I compare it to the footage of the C-130 taking off of an aircraft carrier.  It's possible, but really stretching it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:10:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I sometimes pocket carry my Kahr CW9 (similar in size to a Shield) I just have to use shorts with roomy pockets.
It is primarily a summer carry gun.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:13:31 AM EDT
[#15]
No, I have a 442 and a G26. Their different shapes lend themselves to different methods and positions of carry.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:19:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Everyone should own a J frame,keep it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:29:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The 642 is a staple firearm.
View Quote

Absolutely , old school, round ,out of date but just so right .

Keep the 642 and get one of the mini 9s if you must .

Track which gun gets carried and shot the most . I believe for most folks the "new" gun will start out in the lead (we like our toys) but somewhere down the line you will be falling back to the round gun.

I have confidence in my 642 and confidence in my ability to grab it and get off a string of shots where I need them . Yes the small 9s have a bit more firepower but in my book getting off that good string of hits is what is going to save the day
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:30:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

Small Smith Revolvers are great carry pieces.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top