Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/9/2006 11:18:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2006 11:21:42 AM EDT by JDC_VA_USMC]
My niece's class in Wall, NJ just read a book called "Flat Stanley", about a boy who is squished flat, discovers the advantages of being flat, gets mailed to California (poor little guy...), etc. So, her class sent out these paper Flat Stanleys to relatives across the US so he can visit different parts of the country and experience different things. My niece sent me one here in Northern VA, and the slip of paper that came with Flat Stanley asks that I report back with some things that Flat Stanley saw or did while he was in my city. It also asks for some photos. Some of you with kids or nieces/nephews may know what I'm talking about.

So far I've taken Flat Stanley to my USMC Reserve unit this weekend, and I plan on taking him on a Harley ride into DC, and on a business trip to SC this week.

You see where I'm going with this....

Should I take Flat Stanley "shooting" at the NRA range? I can include this pic...

(In case you're interested: RRA Entry Tac w/ EOTech 512, Surefire rail, TD VFG; HK USP Compact .40 w/ HK TacLight and Ameriglo night sights; W. German Walther PPK/S 9mm kurz; Remington Police 870.)

By the way, the RRA Entry Tac is evil according to NJ law.

What to do, what to do. I really don't want to cause any problems for my niece. Anyone from NJ know how liberal Old Mill Elementary in Wall is?

JDC
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:22:59 AM EDT
the look on the teacher should be classic.. a no brainer in my eyes!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:25:30 AM EDT
mozambique drill his ass and send it back.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:26:18 AM EDT
As long as you and Stanley don't do anything illegal I can't see what the teacher would be able to complain about!

It would probably make your niece famous with the rest of the class for a while, cause whether people admit it or not, most are awed by EBR's...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:31:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2006 11:32:19 AM EDT by 95thFoot]
DO IT!!!!

In my day job as park ranger, I often dress up as a British Redcoat soldier of 1775 for historic interpretation, demonstrations, etc. I get some pretty bizarre requests from the public, most of which I politely refuse. Often I get asked by tourists to be photographed with Flat Stanley, but I always say, "Sure, as long as I can bayonet him", and usually people say,"yes".

So, there are now many pictures of me, on coffee tables all over the world, with Flat Stanley stuck through my bayonet, the point sticking out of his gut, jammed at the muzzle end of the musket.....
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:31:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:34:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JDC_VA_USMC:

What to do, what to do. I really don't want to cause any problems for my niece. Anyone from NJ know how liberal Old Mill Elementary in Wall is?

JDC

Gay-ron-tee, the teacher will pee her pants in fright. What are they going to do, put your niece in an interrogation room with a gooseneck lamp bearing down on her eyes?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:35:38 AM EDT
Do it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:41:02 AM EDT
if you don't do it, the liberals have already won
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:42:08 AM EDT
We sent out kids Flat Stanley to some friends in Australia. We lucked out as they went to Japan for Biz and took good ol Stanley with them. Lot of good picks from both places...

I should have thought of taking Stanley to a 3 gun or a cowboy shoot ... what a missed opportunity.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:47:04 AM EDT
Do it!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:51:18 AM EDT
Guess I'm the only person that would take him to a strip-club
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:31:00 PM EDT
Do it !.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but add in a child/gun safety message about "treating all guns as loaded, leave the area tell an adult etc. " as well as shooting and responsible marksmanship stuff.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:31:05 PM EDT
Do it!

"I took flat Stanley shooting"
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:44:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2006 12:44:40 PM EDT by argoyle]
Flat Stanley to the range, I agree, no brainer.

Flat Stanley to the strip-club?
Flat Stanley becomes a man?

now those are questionable calls.....

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:51:08 PM EDT
If you dont, you will regret it later.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:54:45 PM EDT
Staple him to the backstop and have at it.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:55:48 PM EDT
bring him to a tatoo parlor and get him a tattoo
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:56:06 PM EDT

you know you want to......
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:57:04 PM EDT
DO IT!

The worse that can happen is they call her parents in and suspend/expel her for violating the "no tolerance" policy.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:58:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Swindle1984:
DO IT!

The worse that can happen is they call her parents in and suspend/expel her for violating the "no tolerance" policy.

which would result in a huge lawsuit and some serious cashola for the family!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:01:13 PM EDT
do it, and take a pic of him measuring a group on a target.

Make little paper eye and ear protection for him.

Take a pic of him reading the rules of firearms safety.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:03:52 PM EDT

img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/deathray187/mozambique.jpg

you know you want to......

Nice shot placement!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:06:12 PM EDT
I dare ya.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:23:48 PM EDT
Yes do it already.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:38:08 PM EDT
Take flat stanley out for some beers and lap dances
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:41:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2006 1:42:42 PM EDT by vanilla_gorilla]
You ain't got a hair on your ass if you don't take that litttle fucker shooting with ya!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:32:12 PM EDT
lol +1 for taking it!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:40:44 PM EDT
two to the chest one to the head
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:25:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:38:52 PM EDT
Dress up like Flat Stanley and get some pics of you shooting some guns.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:41:11 PM EDT
use the shotgun

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:43:07 PM EDT
Too funny, do it.

I took Flat Stanley to the South Pole with me last year.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:44:06 PM EDT
i personally would NOT do it. if you really want to, ask your niece or her parents first. remember, she's from new jersey, not montana. she might get in trouble, or at least be put in an awkward situation.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:45:06 PM EDT
When i was in kindergarten my grandparents sent me and my class pictures of flat stanley and his adventures. Though with me he went flying with RC airplanes and visted the infoumous white alligator in new orleans.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:37:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JDC_VA_USMC:
My niece's class in Wall, NJ just read a book called "Flat Stanley", about a boy who is squished flat, discovers the advantages of being flat, gets mailed to California (poor little guy...), etc. So, her class sent out these paper Flat Stanleys to relatives across the US so he can visit different parts of the country and experience different things. My niece sent me one here in Northern VA, and the slip of paper that came with Flat Stanley asks that I report back with some things that Flat Stanley saw or did while he was in my city. It also asks for some photos. Some of you with kids or nieces/nephews may know what I'm talking about.

So far I've taken Flat Stanley to my USMC Reserve unit this weekend, and I plan on taking him on a Harley ride into DC, and on a business trip to SC this week.

You see where I'm going with this....

Should I take Flat Stanley "shooting" at the NRA range? I can include this pic...

i48.photobucket.com/albums/f210/jdc28va/IMG_0636.jpg

(In case you're interested: RRA Entry Tac w/ EOTech 512, Surefire rail, TD VFG; HK USP Compact .40 w/ HK TacLight and Ameriglo night sights; W. German Walther PPK/S 9mm kurz; Remington Police 870.)

By the way, the RRA Entry Tac is evil according to NJ law.

JDC

Flat Stanley recently visited us too. Flat Stanley had a really interesting day, only a tiny percentage of which will make it back to the classroom.

Flat Stanley has pictures and a narrative that we enjoy around the office and that I would LOVE to see the teacher read out loud.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:39:04 AM EDT

Flat Stanley approached this man at the carwash, and the man screamed something about "draw down" before shooting Flat Stanley in the head....
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:40:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By yekimak:
do it, and take a pic of him measuring a group on a target.

Make little paper eye and ear protection for him.

Take a pic of him reading the rules of firearms safety.

I made up little eyes and a mouth for our Flat Stanley, and have great reaction shots from Flat Stanley as he was winged in the arm by a high powered rifle.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:04:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By argoyle:
Flat Stanley to the range, I agree, no brainer.

Flat Stanley to the strip-club?
Flat Stanley becomes a man?

now those are questionable calls.....

What would that give Flat Stanley? A woody? A flat toothpick? How embarrassing!

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:21:13 AM EDT
I got one from my cousin last year. I was heading on a dive trip to Florida so we took Stanley with us. Stanley being paper would not work underwater. So, I used photoshop and made up some pictures of him underwater with us. One picutre was cave diving and the other was on a coral reef in the keys.

I heard back from him after the project was turned in. He was the hit of the class. The kids had so many questions about what happened. "Did he see any sharks?" was a popular one.

I say take him to the range but do not use him as a target.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:12:16 AM EDT
Are me and Bin Laden the only ones living in a cave???.....Hell I never heard of 'flat Stanley' till now...

I vote for making him a little paper EBR and taking him to the range!!!.....
Top Top