Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2003 12:54:26 PM EDT
With the good possibiltiy of the Assault weapon and high capacity ban coming to an end, should I sell "high" and then turn around and buy "low?"

If the AW ban is lifted, my rifle will lose considerable value.  About $500 would be my guess.

Pistol mags worth $100 would drop to $25.

Should I risk selling?

If the ban is renewed, I should be able to replace everything for about what I sold it for.
I don't think prices would go any higher.

Opinions?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#2]
No.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't trust politicians!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:20:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, sell it really cheap since it is basically a "used" gun. When that ban sunsets it won't be worth as much as a NIB postban.

Not only will you be able to buy a NEW ar15 with evil features it will probably be cheaper than current postbans as a incentive to get people to replace their postbans with the same rifle rather than just reconfig them.

I'll happily give you postban prices for quality prebans and buy all your hi caps at LE mag prices.

When the ban sunsets I'll be stuck with a expensive "used" rifle and you'll be laughing all the way to the bank. Can you send pics and where do I send the check?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually it's just the opposite.  You need to sell them to me low with the expectation that a new ban will also include existing items with no grandfather clause allowed.  All your stuff will be worth nothing and I am willing to pay top dollar for them now (.10 on the dollar).  IM me for my shipping addy!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes, sell it really cheap since it is basically a "used" gun. When that ban sunsets it won't be worth as much as a NIB postban.

Not only will you be able to buy a NEW ar15 with evil features it will probably be cheaper than current postbans as a incentive to get people to replace their postbans with the same rifle rather than just reconfig them.

I'll happily give you postban prices for quality prebans and buy all your hi caps at LE mag prices.

When the ban sunsets I'll be stuck with a expensive "used" rifle and you'll be laughing all the way to the bank. Can you send pics and where do I send the check?
View Quote

The Idea is to sell at current pre-ban prices and buy the same gun after the demand has bottomed out.
(Sell that Enron stock now, before it's worthless)

LE and 10rnd Glock mags are $25.  If the ban is lifted, new high caps should be the same. =$75 pofit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The Idea is to sell at current pre-ban prices and buy the same gun after the demand has bottomed out.
(Sell that Enron stock now, before it's worthless)

LE and 10rnd Glock mags are $25.  If the ban is lifted, new high caps should be the same. =$75 pofit.
View Quote

So your just trying to rip us all off by selling your used junk for top dollar. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Another shooting today in Ohio.
I look at it this way, if it goes away... YAY !!!!  I'll go right out and buy a new rifle just the way I want it. I'll lose a little value, but not much and I;ll still have all my rifles.
If it doesn't go away, (new school shooting) I'll still have my weapons while those who sold them will be pissin and moanin.
My weapons are not bought as investments so any loss in value doesn't matter to me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#10]
The $64,000 question and most of you guys wanna dodge it.  It is certainly a tough decision.  Damn, I would like to sell a few Betas at $700+ a pop, but as sure as I do I will be Shit outta luck.  Either way this thing goes, there will be people who made the wrong decision.

Would I rather lose money and gain freedom, or make money and lose freedom? That's an easy decision. Screw the money.

At this point, I think I'll just sit tight and take it on the chin.  I also believe the decision will be easier to make once I see what the House introduces.  If it is basically the same as what Feinswine introduced, I may put some stuff on the market.

Cope
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#11]
HELL NO!!!

I am on the way of getting one last AK because I feel that this may be the last time I will be able to.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Since I am in the same shoes as you and am also a bit of a skeptic heres what i am doing;  Keeping my stuff and not selling a damn thing.  
View Quote

I concur.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would like to sell a few Betas at $700+ a pop, but as sure as I do I will be Shit outta luck.

Cope
View Quote

Your beta'
most likley wont lose much value if the ban goes away because beta never sold directly to civilians.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#14]
No
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I havent been keeping a real good eye/ear on the issue, but what I have seen is that at minimum the current ban will be re-newed and that it could get worse.

Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#16]
DITTO !
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#17]
From what I have heard the ban will have trouble making it through the house. There is a good chance that the ban will die the death it deserves. The hell with Bush!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm gonna bet on the fundamental idiocy of politicians.  Thus, I'll be buying up every preban I can afford, and after the new ban goes into effect and prices go even higher, sell them for a profit.

Of course, if the ban DOES sunset, I'll be stuck with some nice old rifles. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top