Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 6:28:07 PM EDT
I've been kinda pondering this idea for a while. I make T-shirts for side cash, and have been thinking about setting up a stand at some of the local gun shows to sell them. The investment would be minimal, and a table at a show is fairly cheap. They would obviously be pro-RKBA shirts and would be very much gun related. So, I have a couple questions.

Do you think I would do good at this, or would the market just not be there?

Would this put me on the same level as the Beef Jerky guy and cheap Chinese knife guy, or would it be more fitting?

Thanks for your input.
Kris
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Beef jerky is the key to gun show financial success.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
personally i think the only things that gun show organizers should allow to be sold at the shows are firearms, ammo, and firearms parts/accessories (scopes, carrying cases, target stands, etc.)

YMMV.  i'd set up an online store to sell them, it's pretty easy to do.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#3]
make sure you get your NASA SEAL story straight first
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd prefer you not.
I want to bring gun shows back to guns, ammo, accessories.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:47:43 AM EDT
[#5]
btt
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:55:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't have any problem with conservative or gun related T-shirts at gun shows.

Now if we could just get rid of the Beanie Babies, toys, and other assorted junk..
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:00:43 AM EDT
[#7]
We have a pretty good T-shirt guy at our shows, but his business is for sale so I don't know if he is doing well.

I like to get the gun logo shirts when I am there.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:02:47 AM EDT
[#8]

yes, but remember that no matter what you sell them for or even if you make them exclusively, you will still constatntly hear, " I can get it cheaper on the internet".  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:52:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

yes, but remember that no matter what you sell them for or even if you make them exclusively, you will still constatntly hear, " I can get it cheaper on the internet".  

And then you answer, "With shipping included? Heck you'll have it today if you buy it from me."
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#10]
btt
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#11]
It depends on the shirts, I'd say.

I wouldn't mind having a few t-shirts from firearm companies.

I tried looking for t-shirts with the blue FN logo on them. I am now starting to believe they don't exist.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I think you would make money, Ill say that. People dont mind going to a show with some cash and dropping $25 on a couple T's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top