Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 8:30:46 PM EDT
Okay, I have heard it is a great book.  Some say great some say good, but almost all reviews are positive.  I have read a lot about it, but have never actually read it.  I love technical information, stuff like the Ayoob files, and I don't mind fiction as long as I am interested in the subject.  So is it worth the 20 something dollars on Amazon?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats where I got my copy.  Definatly worth $20.  I'd have paid twice that if thats what it cost.  I thought it was that good.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I sold my copy to another member. You may be able to borrow a copy. The book was a good effort but lacked a little polish. Some points were made to excess. I liked it. The author should be getting better in the future. I believe this was his first major work. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Standby Black_Talon...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
And get EFAD too
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Duh, get the book.

Atlas Shrugged should have been read in college.  Her writting is pure drudgery to get through when you have other things to do with your time.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Get both!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:18:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I read Atlas Shrugged several months ago.  Only took me a few days.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Okay, I have heard it is a great book.  Some say great some say good, but almost all reviews are positive.  So is it worth the 20 something dollars on Amazon?

Well Hell, given that, here's to the day when the Giddeons have one in every motel room.  As it should be.  

Take a gamble with that $20, several hours and find out for yourself.  If you don't like it, I'll reimburse you your cost just to have another copy.

Are you a member of the 'Gun Culture'?  We assume you must be given your screen name and presence on this board.   Why do you even ask the question when you could have already been reading it?  The pictures in it alone are worth at least $5.  The story's of early competative and trick shooting $12.95.    Gun history.  Rightous crime prevention with guns.  Self-defense with guns.  Mail order guns.  Cheap guns.  Full-auto guns.  Long range guns. Awesome college term paper.  Payback for Evil politicians.  'ReSetting the Clock' on gun laws.  Lack of gun registration, FOIDS and other related bullshit.  
blah, blah, blah.,,,

Somewhat dated now, but buy it today and be thankful you're getting such a great book for less than a $100 bucks.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I looked for it at Barns & Noble, Walden Books, and B Dalton Bookseller on Wednesday, and was very disappointed when none of them had Unintended Consequences. Hell, neither Walden nor B Dalton even had Guns & Ammo! I was looking for the special AR15 edition and found it at B&N. Barnes & Noble at least has some copies of Unintended Consequences on order. I will probably order it off Amazon.com soon though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top