Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2005 5:06:38 PM EDT
When the ex-wife and I finished up our mediation (which settles the divorce completely), she forgot to have a clause like the following included:

"The parties agree that in the event of the death of a parent, the family of the deceased shall have visitation rights with the children of one weekend per month...." blah, blah, blah.

I know for a fact that I will never withhold visitation from her family. I wish I could say the same going the other way. It's unlikely, but there it is.

My lawyer told me to leave it out, simply because Florida law makes no provision for this on its own, and would simply be another PITA part of the agreement.

So. What do you think?

Poll to follow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top