Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/12/2010 10:06:40 PM EDT
The school will be showing the video to students on Wednesday when he gives the speech. I can opt out by sending a letter, but it has to be done by today when he goes to school so they know how many kids aren't going and can plan an alternate activity for them.

I'm not sure what he would say to kids that would be bad, but I wouldn't put anything past that scumbag. Then again my tinfoil might be too tight this evening.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:08:29 PM EDT
Know thine enemy.

Prep your chirruns appropriately, then AAR to make sure they understood horseshit when they saw it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:08:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2010 10:09:23 PM EDT by wunbadweel]
Know thine enemy.

Prep your chirruns appropriately, then AAR to make sure they understood horseshit when they saw it.

Sorry....good bourbon makes my keyboard see double.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:09:37 PM EDT
What could it hurt?

Could be a good time to teach your son about honesty and integrity.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:09:44 PM EDT
id say no, using the speech to children during his inauguration as precedent. something about the government telling your kids that they know better than you and all that shit...

fuck obama.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:12:10 PM EDT
No. it communist indoctrination
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:12:48 PM EDT
what is wrong w/ your poll - i don't see a HELLS NO on there!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:12:59 PM EDT
I would not send my child to school at all that day.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:15:38 PM EDT
The opt out letter. You should send it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:15:55 PM EDT
A speech to 5 yr olds? I wouldn't worry about it.

I barely remember kindergarten; If Reagan gave a speech to us I don't recall it at all.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:16:30 PM EDT
No. 0bungo will either indoctrinate your child, or destroy his brain cells.

Kinda like zombies.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:18:30 PM EDT
I'm sure he will be as honest with the children as he is with us..
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:24:49 PM EDT
If he were older it would be different, but at 5 I say no.

Just my $0.02
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:28:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By oldschool63:
No. it communist indoctrination

I was thinking the same thing.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:48:00 PM EDT
5 year olds shouldn't be given alcohol because their brains are still developing.

Same reason I voted no in your poll.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:40:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Svetgar:
The school will be showing the video to students on Wednesday when he gives the speech. I can opt out by sending a letter, but it has to be done by today when he goes to school so they know how many kids aren't going and can plan an alternate activity for them.

I'm not sure what he would say to kids that would be bad, but I wouldn't put anything past that scumbag. Then again my tinfoil might be too tight this evening.

Why would you let your kids watch a liar and a reprobrate speak?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:05:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By novaDAK:
5 year olds shouldn't be given alcohol because their brains are still developing.

Same reason I voted no in your poll.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:37:00 AM EDT
He's 5 yrs old?

Then who cares. He'll get much more "indoctrination" from his teachers than he ever will from a boring speech from Obama.

Seriously.

Soon, he'll come home from school and tell you how you aren't "green" enough, or that smoking=lung cancer and is the scourge of death, maybe he'll even rant about "evil corporations"...
...those kinds of simple minded values are the ones the teachers will push on the kids, whether it's in the curriculum or not.

I doubt an Obama speech for children has much substance.

Speed
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:37:33 AM EDT
5yrs old no way.not in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:39:17 AM EDT
A 5 year old isn't going to understand "Mr Blah, Blah, unprecedented, Blah, Blah Let me be prefectly clear Yada, yada". Anyway.

I've opted my 9 year old out this year and it wasn't offered to her class last year, because the administration thought it would bore them.

I'd say opt out and let the kid do something that would be halfway entertaining, instead of listening to a self absorbed douchebag talking down to kids.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:59:07 AM EDT
i say no. too many chances to indoctranate our kids as it is. no need to let them be lied to on purpose.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:03:27 AM EDT
Cue hypnotoad
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:05:12 AM EDT
Yes, but take away half his allowance because other children need it more than he does.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:08:53 AM EDT
School(s) sent home paperwork on it last week. We are going to let our kids watch it (why not?). They know better anyway and get homework done during it.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:16:28 AM EDT
oops NO don't do it I voted yes before I read the rest. I thought you were going to be able to watch it with them. MY BAD!
I was going to tell you to watch it with them so you could tell your child all the lies but since you can't screw that.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:21:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By wunbadweel:
Know thine enemy.

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:48:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Miracle_Pants:

I barely remember kindergarten; If Reagan gave a speech to us I don't recall it at all.

I barely remember kindergarten too, BUT I GAURENTEE there were things that I learned and/or happened to me and/or I heard etc that were instramental in shaping the person that I am today, 33years later.

Just something to think about.

J-

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:02:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jjc155:

I barely remember kindergarten too, BUT I GAURENTEE there were things that I learned and/or happened to me and/or I heard etc that were instramental in shaping the person that I am today, 33years later.

J-

True but a 1/2 hour generic speech (at most right?) isn't going to shape my kids; I know that much.

My wife joked it's not like he has zombie mind control. Then we both looked at each other for a second and then laughed (uncomfortably).
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:07:02 AM EDT

Why would you let you kid listen to a liar?

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:13:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2010 8:15:12 AM EDT by jjc155]
Originally Posted By wgjhsafT:

Originally Posted By jjc155:

J-

True but a 1/2 hour generic speech (at most right?) isn't going to shape my kids; I know that much.

My wife joked it's not like he has zombie mind control. Then we both looked at each other for a second and then laughed (uncomfortably).

So you hope.

Only true way to be assured of that is to not let them watch the speech right? I could care less either way, we are not talking about my kids.

The entire school district that my daughter goes to is NOT showing the speech and did not show the last one, nor "The Story of Stuff" etc.

Also it has nothing to do with how long the speech is, there are things in my life that have shaped me, that were nanoseconds in duration.

J-
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:15:57 AM EDT
No. You don't want your kid thinking Obama is some kind of a roll model. Maybe if it were Thomas Jefferson speaking, but not that scumbag Obama.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:34:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Rosenrot:
No. You don't want your kid thinking Obama is some kind of a roll model. Maybe if it were Thomas Jefferson speaking, but not that scumbag Obama.

THIS.

Fuck Obunghole and his retarded commie speech.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:46:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2010 8:47:22 AM EDT by mousehunter]
fwiw I would say no. Last time -0- tried this, a small group of parents sent the opt out letters - and the school simply canceled it. The school is in a somewhat difficult position. They were told that it would be a good idea to show this and they should, unless it caused undue difficulties. Well finding alternative activities for 5% of the students was all they needed to use that excuse - it was unduly difficult.

Wish I would have known about this yesterday - wife is at meetings today (suspect with the principal and superintendent this morning. Could have nipped this one in the bud.
––-
(last time we simply told them if they were going to be forced to watch it, our kids would be sick. They would loose funding for the day, money counts too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:53:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DStrokes:

Originally Posted By Rosenrot:

THIS.

Fuck Obunghole and his retarded commie speech.

OK. Listen, my kids know he is the President. They know he is a douche but I try to let my kids figure things out for themselves. Maybe my parenting model is crazy compared to the other conservatives on this board but I'd rather let the kids compare what he has done (my older daughter especially) to what they know at home.

Oh, and they go to a Catholic school and unlike the stats from election day, no one there likes him and I don't think anyone there talks about the guy in a positive light anyway.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:04:59 AM EDT
Beware Hypnotoad!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:10:39 AM EDT
You have to talk with your children about EVERYTHING. It's not like [fuck] Obama is the only liberal asswipe exposure your kids are going to get in a day...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:15:42 AM EDT
Well, issue averted. He woke up today with the onset of pink-eye. Took him the to doc and she said no school for him till later this week when his eyes clear up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:37:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Svetgar:
Well, issue averted. He woke up today with the onset of pink-eye. Took him the to doc and she said no school for him till later this week when his eyes clear up.

Did you fart on his pillow?
Top Top