Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 3:03:18 PM EDT
For the past 3 weeks I had my right shoulder hurting me. It started at the shoulder than my elbow started to hurt and then my wrist with my fingers starting to tinkle. It is getting to where I am avoiding using my right hand(there goes my sex life). So what do you think is wrong with me. If I peck the keys typing it goes tinkling but I can move my shoulder, arm, and hand with no problem. I know it is not my heart because if it was I think I would be dead by now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like your sex life might be getting the upper hand. Might want to rest it for a while.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Just by reading the title I say go!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Switch hands when beating off....
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#4]
You could have a blockage in the heart, or in your brain (stroke) or have a pinched nerve.  I would haul my ass to the MD.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Doctor?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
For the past 3 weeks I had my right shoulder hurting me. It started at the shoulder than my elbow started to hurt and then my wrist with my fingers starting to tinkle. It is getting to where I am avoiding using my right hand(there goes my sex life). So what do you think is wrong with me. If I peck the keys typing it goes tinkling but I can move my shoulder, arm, and hand with no problem. I know it is not my heart because if it was I think I would be dead by now.

Try using your Left Hand....
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:06:19 PM EDT
[#7]
You might have a protruding/slipped/ruptured/bulging disc, in your upper spine.
It is pressing on the nerves, and causing numbness.

See a doctor, ask for an MRI. That will show the discs, and what they are up to.
Also, try a chiropractor.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try using your Left Hand....

and the right hand should be for using the mouse.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You could have a blockage in the heart, or in your brain (stroke) or have a pinched nerve.  I would haul my ass to the MD.

A GREAT BIG +1 A guy I work with had the same shit it got to the point over 2 weeks he couldn't write........He went to the Doc the next day he had TRPILE BYPASS....saved his life......whenever it comes to medical shit better safe then sorry
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe instead of missionary, try some new positions.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#11]
tinkle?

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

See a doctor, ask for an MRI. That will show the discs, and what they are up to.

You pretty much hit the nerve in my neck. I did go to the doctor today but I wanted to see if anyone would come up with the same answer. Asking here is like getting a second opion. My doc order a mri and one of those C-spine series test thingie too. He thinks it is a problem between the 4th and 5th vert in my neck. He said these test will say for sure. The funny thing about it is that my neck feels fine.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I had similar symptoms.  Turned out to be bone spurs on C5 and C6 cervical vertabrae. Got an MRI first and then had surgery.  Tingles usually mean some kind of nerve issue.  At any rate see a doc.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#14]
If it is you vertebre out of alignment you will need to find the right chiropractor. Medical doctors hove no idea what they are doing when it comes to the spine. Regular chiropractors don't do much either. There is a new area of chiropractic medicine called chiropractic bio-physics and it focuses on realignment of the spine. I went to one of the when I had major neck pain. It really works and they have the data to back up why it works.

Here is the link the my chiropractors web site:
www.regiec-chiropractic.com/index.htm

Here is a link the explains the process:
www.idealspine.com/pages/index.html
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Uhhh switch hands.

Max
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

that worked for me.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
For the past 3 weeks I had my right shoulder hurting me. It started at the shoulder than my elbow started to hurt and then my wrist with my fingers starting to tinkle.

Does it burn when your fingers tinkle?  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Eat 4 pounds of crawfish and call me in the morning bro!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Go to a Chiropractor you probably have a pinched nerve.  Or switch to the left hand.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Eat 4 pounds of crawfish and call me in the morning bro!

It is always so nice to see a friend offering to help out a buddy with his sex life.

What ever you boys do with your crustaceans is your business.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
For the past 3 weeks I had my right shoulder hurting me. It started at the shoulder than my elbow started to hurt and then my wrist with my fingers starting to tinkle.

Does it burn when your fingers tinkle?  

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

With a little bit of practice, you can switch hands and gain a stroke.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I've had similar problems.  Find a GOOD chiropractor, ASAP.  It's probably a pinched nerve in your upper spine.  I'm left-handed and it was to the point where I couldn't write my name once.  First chiro couldn't get it, the second did.  I was better within a week.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do not want to know any thing more!

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#25]
You have a neuropathy or nerve impingement more than likely though some oddball things could not be ruled out at this point.

It is somewhere between your neck(not your back) and your wrist.

Which fingers?
Palm or back of hand?
Any weakness? Where/which?

You really need to isolate this for correct diagnosis.

Any recent injury?
Neck pain?
Headache?

Tender to touch anywhere? wrist? funny bone groove(ulnar tunnel)? Shoulder anywhere?

Do you lean on your elbows a lot?

Few thoughts.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:29:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I already need both.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Try taking a couple of aspirin.  Go see the doc.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Two words...

Pocket pussy
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:10:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You pretty much hit the nerve in my neck. I did go to the doctor today but I wanted to see if anyone would come up with the same answer. Asking here is like getting a second opion. My doc order a mri and one of those C-spine series test thingie too. He thinks it is a problem between the 4th and 5th vert in my neck. He said these test will say for sure. The funny thing about it is that my neck feels fine.

I'll send you my bill in the mail
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top