Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 9:13:58 AM EDT
Just got back from a gun show about an hour away. One guy, who I've bought from at other shows, had an HK91 clone for I think $660, or something close to that, new with hardcase. Not a Century Arms gun. I was tempted but knew nothing about the specific one so I passed. It was a PTR91 built by J?? Enterprises, not sure the other 2 initials in CT(although searches indicate it is JLD). Now I'm finding that gun online with a suggested price of $850 or more, and good reviews. Damn it. Actually tempted to drive the hour back to the show to get it as I really want a .308 but most of my price research before the show had been done on FALs and not HK91 clones.
Man, now I've finding sites listing the dealer price as $685.
I am tempted to drive back there and get it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:40:16 AM EDT
it might already be sold.

You can pick up cheap PTRs on gunsamerica.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:04:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SirDrinksAlot:
it might already be sold.

that (plus it started snowing more and traffic was already slow with the lesser amount of snow I delt with driving out and back originally) is partly why I didn't jump back in the car as soon as I found a price online. Plus I really shouldn't be spening money on guns right now. But at the same time I'm mad I passed on it. It'd be different if I passed on it and learned it was $100 over normal price. I kind of figure someone who knew more about them would see it and grab it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:23:45 AM EDT
JLD Enterprises.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:27:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2005 11:37:45 AM EDT by 1Gunner]
There is a review in GUN TESTS I just got out of the mailbox..........will post after reading.

ETA: HELL YES, CHECK THIS OUT

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:42:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:38:34 PM EDT
When I lived in Alexandria, VA, my favorite gun shop was in Richmond, VA (Green Top). I bought about 4 toys from them while I was living up that way. Gawd, I miss that shop.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:07:45 PM EDT
I go to Green Top everytime I drive by Richmond.  Where you at now?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:02:45 PM EDT
Looks like a $300 CETME to me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:34:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Jeep29:

I think the cetme is also a hk clone
in even the brief inspection I gave this one it looked a lot better than the 2 cetmes that were sitting in the rack above it
but passing on this may have been good afterall. Although I need to seriously do some math to see if I should really be spending the money, there's one in the EE that comes with a lot of mags for not much more
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:47:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2005 7:48:06 PM EDT by Lon_Moer]

Originally Posted By sharky30:

Originally Posted By Jeep29:

I think the cetme is also a hk clone
in even the brief inspection I gave this one it looked a lot better than the 2 cetmes that were sitting in the rack above it
but passing on this may have been good afterall. Although I need to seriously do some math to see if I should really be spending the money, there's one in the EE that comes with a lot of mags for not much more

Actually, the H&K is a copy of the CETME. However, one is German and the other is ... well, one is German.
Top Top