Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2017 10:01:32 AM EDT
Not sure. I don't really feel like I need a take down. What do you think?

If you own a take down 10/22 what made you buy it?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:08:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Get Both!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Takedown in a Magpul X-22 Backpacker stock.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the takedown suppressor ready?  If not, why own it?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:12:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I love the idea off the takedown,I have two.   Great gun, super fun

BUT

Both mine are soooooooooooooo damn picky about hold.

They are a lot less accurate than the normal gun.

I even have the tactical solutions takedown kit, still not real accurate.

The barrel basically sticks in the receiver and you support the gun off the barrel, so it's very hold sensitive.

I'd get a normal one, then maybe Takedown later
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the takedown suppressor ready?  If not, why own it?
View Quote
This is the correct answer of course.
Ruger Silent-SR

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#6]
just get the normal one
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#7]
take-down... if for no other reason, than its much easier to clean
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Standard. The fit and finish is better on the older ones,maybe a used one at the funshow.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I just bought a tactical solution x ring 10/22. Think I got a good deal for what it is and with the scope.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

BUT

The barrel basically sticks in the receiver and you support the gun off the barrel, so it's very hold sensitive.

View Quote
I sold my takedown for exactly that reason.
10/22's are reasonably accurate, but by no means a tack driver, so owning one that is more finicky when it comes to accuracy just to be able to break it in half and stick it in a backpack isn't worth it to me.
It's not like it's some YUGE bulky gun that is a pain in the ass to tote in the woods or get in and out of a car.
Non takedown gets my vote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I went the takedown route.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

I wanted a squirrel hunting rifle that I could easily fit inside a pack or strap to the outside. This is very convenient and it's damn accurate. I bought a stock ruger receiver, tactical solutions barrel, KIDD trigger, bolt, comp, etc. It's awesome. Now I just need a can for it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:24:08 AM EDT
[#12]
regular
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Regular

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#14]
VnE, which picatinny rail is that? The weaver rail that came in the box with the gun doesn't have slots that are far apart enough to fit my QD aimpoint mount. I just got a takedown and I like it so far. I love guns that I can put into small bags. My intent is to go the Magpul backpack stock route.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Charger takedown
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#16]
The standard 10/22 Carbine is good for popping soda cans and groups that you do not want to write home about.
If you want a 22 you want accuracy and that means the 10/22 Target rifle. It is one of the most accurate guns I have ever owned.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#17]
No joke, both.  The takedown is not as accurate
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
VnE, which picatinny rail is that? The weaver rail that came in the box with the gun doesn't have slots that are far apart enough to fit my QD aimpoint mount. I just got a takedown and I like it so far. I love guns that I can put into small bags. My intent is to go the Magpul backpack stock route.
View Quote
I had the same problem as you. I recommend the KIDD rail. Costs $33.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:36:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Buy base model. Swap out for better threaded bull barrel.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Okay. Cool. Regular it is. This is for my spouse. She likes shooting 22 rifles. I've found some 10/22s for $200 nib...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#21]
3 10 round groups at 50yd. Takedown, stock barrel. Kidd trigger group, UTG Bug Buster scope. Crap ammo.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Get the take down and buy their suppressed barrel.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Okay. Cool. Regular it is. This is for my spouse. She likes shooting 22 rifles. I've found some 10/22s for $200 nib...
View Quote
Where?  I've been looking off and on and haven't found any at that price
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:51:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I like my takedown.  Easy fit behind the seat of the truck so I am always ready for a little squirrel hunting during season.

Mine returns to zero and is more than accurate enough for head shots on squirrels to 25 or 30 yards.

If you are going to put a big scope on it and try to shoot small groups, you might want to the standard version.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Get Both!
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Get both
My standard one has a carbon fiber tension barrel.
My take down has a tacsol xring and a backpacker stock. Also whenever my can gets our of jail it'll go on.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link?  IM?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#28]
In typical AR15.com fashion, I have both.  

Granted, I received the takedown from someone who owed me money.  He owed me $250, and it had all kinds of Tactical Solutions stuff on it, so I figured I came out ahead on that one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#29]
I've had a 'regular' 10-22 forever. But I saw a takedown Lite the other day and fell in love. It's all I can think about now. Well, that and boobies.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Seriously consider assembling the exact 10/22 you want from individually bought components. It's just like AR's (only a helluva lot easier) that if you buy a complete rifle then start upgrading and replacing parts then you'll just end up wasting money and have a box full of nearly worthless parts at the end.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:30:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Charger takedown + stamp + suppressor = win.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The WalMart 20 minutes from me has the standard, blued finish, walnut stock model for $209. I take it that's a good price? I've been looking to get my first .22, but have been leaning toward a MkII FV-SR.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The WalMart 20 minutes from me has the standard, blued finish, walnut stock model for $209. I take it that's a good price? I've been looking to get my first .22, but have been leaning toward a MkII FV-SR.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For the basic stock model that's pretty typical.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Takedown Charger and SBR it!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I've had a 'regular' 10-22 forever. But I saw a takedown Lite the other day and fell in love. It's all I can think about now. Well, that and boobies.
View Quote
I wanted the takedown lite as well until I saw the tactical solutions in the gun shop for just a bit more with a vortex crossfire. Very comparable weight wise to me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Takedown in a Magpul X-22 Backpacker stock.
View Quote
This. Amazing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

BUT

View Quote
I have both, but have fired neither of them (I'm more of a collector/enthusiast/hoarder than a shooter), so take this as a question. I remembered when I assembled my takedown the first time the barrel fit seemed a bit loose. I followed the instructions for adjusting the nut and the result still wasn't that good. I ended up going way past and then loosening until I could get the barrel to fit into the receiver and it feels every bit as tight as if it weren't a takedown model.

The notion of supporting it by the barrel makes me think the fit was as prescribed by the instructions, which resulted in a looser fit for me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#38]
There are fewer aftermarket parts for the takedown. It seems to be tougher to put together an accurate takedown, but the regular carbine can be easily upgraded with a more accurate barrel.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:42:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There are fewer aftermarket parts for the takedown. It seems to be tougher to put together an accurate takedown, but the regular carbine can be easily upgraded with a more accurate barrel.
View Quote
The people who complain about the accuracy of the takedown model have never read the manual, specifically the note after step 7.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Get a regular model, put one of Clint Beyer's barrels on it. You'll thank me later...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I bought one of the USA Shooting team limited run take downs.  It has never been out of the box. One of these days I will get around to trying it out.  My preference for constant use would be the regular rifle.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top