Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/20/2005 10:37:24 PM EDT
I want to give my stepfather a mossberg 500 12ga. He is not anti-gun. He does own an old .22 from since he was a kid. Well being he is responsible for my mothers safe being i thought maybe it'd be a good idea if i gave him a shotgun. He did mention to me a year or two ago that he wanted one.

Should i ask my mom and him if they want it before i give it to them? I wanted to give it as a surprise. Some people are weird about having guns in their house or what not. I don't think he's like that but i'm not sure either. Thanks,

Stone
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:38:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:40:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
Any time you want to give me one, don't bother asking.

My brother didnt ask
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:57:28 PM EDT
If he mentioned wanting one, I don't see why you should ask - it'll just ruin the surprise. I'd suggest not giving it to him in front of people (birthday party, social event, etc.) unless you know how the crowd will react. I'll defend my pro-gun views to anyone, anywhere, any time, but I do try to avoid becoming "that creepy gun guy" to closed-minded people who I haven't yet had a chance to convert.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:58:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:

Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
Any time you want to give me one, don't bother asking.

My brother didnt ask

Now that was funny!...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:27:49 AM EDT
hey if he don't want it you got yourself a present. Some people don't buy guns jot because they don't want one but because they feel wierd about the process.

Like the girl said in the movie the village

"Sometimes we donn't do what we want to do so other people don't know that we want to do them."
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:30:46 AM EDT
They're always anti-gun until they get that beautiful blued or parked steel in their hands. You can't imagine how many I've turned just letting them hold a Garand or AR.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:34:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:36:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Aimless:

Originally Posted By haloemt:

"Sometimes we donn't do what we want to do so other people don't know that we want to do them."

www.blackdoghosting.com/images/confused-black-dog.jpg

Don't masturbate, mmmmm...kay.......
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:42:26 AM EDT

It's a quot for "THE VILLAGE" you know from that M. Night Shamalan guy.
I guess no one saw that movie. As I go back to my corner
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:43:16 AM EDT
Massad Ayoob says guns should not generally be given as gifts.

If the gun subsequently played a role in an accident, suicide or murder how would you feel? I read once that a gun is an extremely powerful, yet utterly disloyal spirit. What if your stepfather was disarmed by an otherwise unarmed intruder, or the intruder armed himself with the shotgun?

Those with the personality to learn to use, and subsequently properly employ guns in their own defense naturally seek them out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:17:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AROptics:
Massad Ayoob says guns should not generally be given as gifts.

If the gun subsequently played a role in an accident, suicide or murder how would you feel? I read once that a gun is an extremely powerful, yet utterly disloyal spirit. What if your stepfather was disarmed by an otherwise unarmed intruder, or the intruder armed himself with the shotgun?

Those with the personality to learn to use, and subsequently properly employ guns in their own defense naturally seek them out.

True.
The father doesn't seem like he really wants one. I doubt he would use it much unless he had the free time and his son was more than willing to take him out and get his skills up to par.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:32:02 AM EDT
why get the mossy? go winchester or rem.

i'd like it if you gave me a car.

i wouldn't want it to be a yugo, however...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:11:44 AM EDT
Remington 870 Marine Magnum

Just do it!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:57:34 AM EDT
Yeh i thought about the intruder/burglar gettin ahold of it scenario. I was thinking i would show him how to store it apart. As in keep the barrel somewhere else, ammo too for that matter. He wouldn't be using it for everyday home protection. They do live in a high hurricane area so i was thinkin more for that kind of situation.
Top Top