BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2010 9:05:20 AM EDT
Because he's fat!
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#2]
We were discussing this at work the other day. As we were watching the game, it was pretty amazing at the condition some of these 'professional athletes' let themselves get into.

I don't think you can ban him though, evidently baseball is one of those sports that you can be out of shape and still play.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Because he's fat!

The fuck are you blabbering about?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because he's fat!

He's so fat, he should be making tactical videos and posting them on arf.com.

Seriously, guys are joking that he needs to eat a salad.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Because he's fat!

Catchers have a propensity to be a bit hefty...plus the dude is still a very good catcher at 36.

A lot of "in shape" catcher's backs and knees go out on them long before 36.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because he's fat!

He's so fat, he should be making tactical videos and posting them on arf.com.

Seriously, guys are joking that he needs to eat a salad.

I'd hate to see what they'd d/say about Babe Ruth in today's game.

eta:  Molina isn't that fat....David Ortiz and Frank Thomas, anyone?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Molina isn't helped by the fact that when he stands up his gut sticks out so far that his chest plate looks like a bib...

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Because he's fat!

Really, when's the last time you hit for the cycle?

TXL
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

We were discussing this at work the other day. As we were watching the game, it was pretty amazing at the condition some of these 'professional athletes' let themselves get into.

I don't think you can ban him though, evidently baseball is one of those sports that you can be out of shape and still play.

Evidently?  Have you geniuses ever heard of Babe Ruth?  It's like some of you guys are just totally fucking clueless sometimes.  I know that's not it though.  It's just plain old jealousy.  They have talent, money and fame and you have an internet connection.  Yea you.  Pathetic.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Any one here who hates Benji Molina, has no clue.

I bet anyone here that he gets a world series ring!  Anyone.

I bet you $1000

All bets taken before the first game starts

Disclaimer, please do not let the fact that Benji get a ring regardless of who wins the series deter you from this bet.

Just because he used to play for the Giants, and now plays for the Rangers is no need to not take this bet.  

TXL
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#11]
"I ain't an athlete, lady. I'm a baseball player."

- John Kruk
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Who?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Evidently?  Have you geniuses ever heard of Babe Ruth?  It's like some of you guys are just totally fucking clueless sometimes.  I know that's not it though.  It's just plain old jealousy.  They have talent, money and fame and you have an internet connection.  Yea you.  Pathetic.

Soooo... your response to the fact that there are fat baseball players and my statement that you don't have to have the physique of a greek god to play the sport is to bring up Babe Ruth? I never hated on the man. I wouldn't be able to catch a MLB fastball. I simply observed that he is a big bellied dude. So, insult my intelligence if you must, but I'll choose to believe that you misunderstood my point and not take it personally. Good day, sir.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I bet you $1000

Disclaimer, please do not let the fact that Benji get a ring regardless of who wins the series deter you from this bet.

Just because he used to play for the Giants, and now plays for the Rangers is no need to not take this bet.  

TXL

So, on that point, do you think he should take a ring regardless, or only if the Rangers win? I'm not sure I'd want one based on a technicality like that, how about you?

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:58:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Who is Benjie Molina and who gives a fuck?  It's not like this is college football or anything.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because he's fat!

Really, when's the last time you hit for the cycle?

TXL
I think he created a rip in the space/time continuum.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#17]
There's a few fatties in MLB, as well as in NFL and NBA. If they can carry themselves well and produce at the plate, BFD how big they are. There's probably only MAYBE one "fat" guy per team anyway.

I'd like to see some of you critics go down to your local batting cage, go to the highest speed, and see if you can even get the bat off your shoulder with hurting your little hands.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet you $1000

TXL

So, on that point, do you think he should take a ring regardless, or only if the Rangers win? I'm not sure I'd want one based on a technicality like that, how about you?

I kind of feel the same way as you, but then again, Benjie was there for a winning first half of the regular season.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And here again, you have an ostensibly "fat" guy hitting triples.   He wasn't fat till his 30's though.   6'1 and 210 in his prime.

10 or 12 inside the park home runs and around 136 triples.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet you $1000

TXL

I kind of feel the same way as you, but then again, Benjie was there for a winning first half of the regular season.  

Very true, but especially given the fact that he will be playing against that team, I just don't think there is any way I could do it. Maybe if I had played a big role with them (like he did, most of the pitchers on both teams will tell you what an impact he had for them), got traded, and my team didn't make the playoffs, I'd consider it, but man, I don't think I could lose to my old team and then take the ring haha.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#22]
You!!! Bring me a hot dog and some nachos.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Seriously, wtf?

Molina has proven himself a capable defensive player and a guy that delivers at the plate when you need it most. At each team he has played he has earned the player's respect and friendship. Yeah, he's put on a few pounds, but he still delivers and is a trusted member of the Ranger's battery.

I can tell you that Benjie is still beloved by Giants fans, and that he will get a warm reception when they announce him at the start of the game. I doubt he will get any of that booing BS the Phillies fans gave Burrell last week - not because SF is classier than Philly - just because he's still well thought of here.

Here's to hoping its a great series! Go Giants!
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#24]
I like Benji.

I was watching the game he hit for the cycle which included a triple obviously.

The triple was greatness, even his team mates were rolling around in the dugout laughing.

Benji is there to handle the pitching staff and he is exceptional at that. He's not there to steal second and third.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#25]
I think the BAM has earned the right to put on a lb or two, for his service to the Giants.

Back to my printer repair.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Ever seen a picture of Babe Ruth?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You!!! Bring me a hot dog and some nachos.

http://thedugoutreport.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/bengie-molina.jpg

Gigantes?  Really?

Go (los) Rangers!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top