Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2001 2:08:05 PM EDT
  And it worked beautifully, needed just six rounds to sight it in. One adjustment only.  Then spent another three magazines popping gallon milk and water jugs (empty alas).  I seemed to be able to hit everything I aimed at.  Still need to take it to a real rifle range to wring it out fully.

The Barnaul 62gr FMJ fed and ejected flawlessly.  Although shooting into a sand bank I was unable to recover a single intact projectile. Found the hollowed rear half of a bullet jacket, that was it.  My used USGI mags worked just fine. No jams of any kind.

I am very impressed with how the Model 1 Sales kit upper fit onto the Rock River Arms lower. No wiggles, no rattles, I cant imagine a tighter lock up, no need for a accuwedge on this one.  

I had a very good morning before the heat and flies chased us in.  So far, I am VERY satisfied at my first attempt at kit building.[bounce][kill]
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!!

Took to the range a virgin AR and did not let us know. We are a hole bunch a shooters in AZ. lets go in group the next time. (or are you afraid of competition)...
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Its pretty satisfing building up your own gun and then going out and shooting it, huh? I love building ARs. Instead of switching uppers I just build a new one. Its a lot more fun that way.

I doubt I ever buy a complete factory rifle again. Anything I can build is as good as a factory Colt or Bushmaster, plus it is already in the exact configuration that I want it in.
Plus, did I tell yall how much fun it is?

Michael
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top