Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 7:51:07 PM EDT
Dog was barking, went to investigate. This thing was runnin around by our garden. They tend to be a nuisance around my place.  Shot off the front sight post, forgot to deploy MBUS. Short range shot.

Entry wound square in the ass right above its tail.

Exit wound. His stomach asploded.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate those things. I shot a couple myself but with pistols and close range. They sure do jump when they're hit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
You shot a cat asshole!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I seriously misread this thread title..
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Good job!! and in before the why would you kill that crowd..
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I have kiled 5 this year...

I had to go recon for the last one. Found his den. He was dug in thighter than the Vietcong....

Ended up hitting him in the ass after I dug half way in his hole with my .380. Then I said, screw it. Got the AK and let off 10 rounds.

I won.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#6]
why even fold down the rear sight if you do not have an optic on it?

EDIT If my dog was Parking I would investigate too I might even film it

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I think that's a Badger.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#8]
You're a bad ass.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#9]
poor kitty
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
why even fold down the rear sight if you do not have an optic on it?

EDIT If my dog was Parking I would investigate too I might even film it

Good question, no reason. Had an Aimpoint on there for a while and recently traded it for something else. Just habit. Fixed mah typo.

Quoted:
You're a bad ass.

No, people that shoot cats in their garage with bb guns are.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Why are armadillo's pests? (NV resident)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn. I thought the armor on that 'possum would have held up better.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why are armadillo's pests? (NV resident)

I leave them alone everywhere but in the yard.  They dig for bugs below the surface of your yard, tearing it up as they go along.

Anywhere else, they're good to go. In the yard...I whack'em.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Every few days I will go out and look for them. I've gotten over 12 in the past 2 months using my Ar and a .22 conversion kit. I always feel bad after shooting them. They try so darn hard to survive, but if we don't get rid of them they will take over.

I counted 5 solid hits with the .22lr on the last one and it still was breathing when I shot it in the head. I've watched so many fight to survive and take multiple hits I am starting to bond with them. They sure are tough.

I use Aguila 38gr Super Extra HP. Its the best hunting round I have found and does a great job on squirrel and rabbit, but these dillos are something else.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Every few days I will go out and look for them. I've gotten over 12 in the past 2 months using my Ar and a .22 conversion kit. I always feel bad after shooting them. They try so darn hard to survive, but if we don't get rid of them they will take over.

I counted 5 solid hits with the .22lr on the last one and it still was breathing when I shot it in the head. I've watched so many fight to survive and take multiple hits I am starting to bond with them. They sure are tough.

I use Aguila 38gr Super Extra HP. Its the best hunting round I have found and does a great job on squirrel and rabbit, but these dillos are something else.

Dude, just use some 55 grain .223. I put the light on this one, dropped the bolt and he took off and stopped right inside some brush. Put the FSP on him and squeezed. He was DRT. Just some 55 grain Monarch.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#16]
You mother fucker! You shot him in the ass!

(spent a solid 30 minutes looking for a screenshot from Training Day, so whats stated above will have to suffice)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#17]

You need a tactical dillo hunting vehicle.

One in the bed shot with a .308 at 12 in the morning.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Why kill them? I shot one this year with a 22 after a neighbor's dog mortally wounded it
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, just use some 55 grain .223. I put the light on this one, dropped the bolt and he took off and stopped right inside some brush. Put the FSP on him and squeezed. He was DRT. Just some 55 grain Monarch.

I have a single neighbor that lives across the road and I hunt them so often I don't want to keep them or my wife up all night. I've asked and neither have been able to hear the .22lr shots. Plus I like the challenge and low cost.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

You mother fucker! You shot him in the ass!

(spent a solid 30 minutes looking for a screenshot from Training Day, so whats stated above will have to suffice)

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I heard they taste like pork. Anyone know for sure?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:49:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Dear God you shot the Kitty Cat w/ Body Armor in da A$$!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:35:39 AM EDT
[#23]
I believe they carry leprosy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:40:35 AM EDT
[#24]
my first thought after reading the thread title was: "now why in the hell would anyone shoot a LaRue Dillo...I don't know, but I'd like to see the pics!"
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:45:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:48:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have kiled 5 this year...

I had to go recon for the last one. Found his den. He was dug in thighter than the Vietcong....

Ended up hitting him in the ass after I dug half way in his hole with my .380. Then I said, screw it. Got the AK and let off 10 rounds.

I won.

Why would you dig with your .380, wouldn't a shovel be much easier?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:01:08 AM EDT
[#27]
They DO carry leprosy, they stink like hell and two or three in your yard for a few hours at night can make the landscape look like the moon. They are dumb and have poor eyesight, so a light on your gun usually won't scare them. Loud noise scares them and they jump when they're scared, that's why you see so many dead ones on the road. They jump at the last minute and get a bumper kiss. Shoot 'em all!

Ballistic tips do a number on them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top