Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2001 10:29:11 PM EDT
It was a muzzlelite bullpup.  My friend bought it.  To start off I am left handed so I had to shoot right handed, this was not fun.  While I am perfectly comfortable shooting a normal rifle right handed this was a chore.  The remote trigger was the most awful piece of sh!t I have ever had the pleasure of pulling.  It was crappy plastic.  When you pulled the bolt back you could feel the op rod catching on the plastic.  The sights were just cut into the plastic.  I have a mini with the normal wood stock on it and it is a joy to shoot.  It is as accurate as I need a plinker to be.  This was just plain sh!t.

[i]This is not intended to be a anti-mini 14 thread.  It is an anti-muzzlelite thread.[/i]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I too have a mini that I dig but that bullpup was crap.

I hunt coyotes with mine :)
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a BUshmaster AK-74 style break on mine and I can get 1.5" MOA groups at 100 yards
-Chuck,
 it's fun to shoot!

Bullpups are crap though
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one of these for a 10/22 and didn't really like it that much. It seemed kind of flimsy to me. It held the gun well and didn't seem to affect accuracy much, but it raised the sights too high and I didn't really like that it was made completely of plastic.

I did like how compact it made the gun, but I did notice that it lowered the overall lenght to a little under 26" (don't remember the exact length), thereby making it an NFA weapon. I seriously doubt the feds would give a shit about this though, or they would have already started arresting people.

Is the one for the Mini basically the same, made entirely of plastic?

Michael
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
If the stock had some metal inserts and a better trigger it would be ok.  Another thing is if you put a 40 rounder in it the pistol grip gets in the way when you try and take it out.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:37:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought one a long time ago.  I took it out to shoot, it was pretty fun.  I got it home and went to clean it and found several peices of brass had made it out of the action, but not made it out of the stock, and were bouncing around inside.  I sent it back for a butler creek folder, which works fine.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top