Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2001 11:46:52 AM EDT
I recall seeing in a SGN a picture of an AR with a stubby pistol grip that looked like an A2 grip cut off at the finger groove.  Is there anyone out there that has a phone number or web site for this company?  I've found one at gogogadgets.net but I think I like the other one better.  I'm trying to use a collapsable stock and will give up the standard grip to do it.  Any other ideas are welcome.
Thanks.
jd1
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
In the accessories forum someone posted this link gunguide.com/~shines/page15.html.  This is close to what I've seen and I've also seen something similar at gogogadgets.net.  Gogogadgets claims to have an ATF letter but not Ergo grip.  I plan on calling them tomorrow for clarification and to see if the have ATF OK as it not being a pistol grip as per the AW law.  If anyone out there has any other links/companies/ideas, please jump in.  I really want to keep the collapsable stock and stay within the law.
Thanks,
jd1
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Find an original grip w/o the finger groove and saw it off so it does not protude below the action.  Check with the ATF first and they will probably want a sample. Good Luck.

Link Posted: 3/14/2001 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.brownells.com has the Ergo survival grip. Don't know if it is small enough. It says that the AR-1 model offers a one finger grip. It is 2" long. Come to think of it, I have something that is two inches long that you can...
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#4]
The ERGO Survival grip is NOT ATF approved.  I talked to the producer today after getting his number from his website.  He was very friendly and has a good selection of grips.  He said he applied to ATF with another grip and was turned down.  The one he tried to get approved was shorter than the survival grip.  So, I'm still searching.  I may go with the gogogadgets.net version if I can get a real person to answer the phone.
Thanks for the help.
jd1  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top