Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 2:26:54 PM EDT
So I found out on the 6th that I am deploying on the 26th for Fort Hood then headed out to Iraq by the end of April.  I am going to be part of an MITT team training Iraqis to fight for themselves.  Pres. Bush has said that we will not leave Iraq until they can take care of themselves and I figure that this is the best way to help accomplish that goal.  The wife isn't too happy about the short notice but she supports my decision to volunteer for this deployment.  

Wish me luck,

EngLT (soon to be EngCPT)
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Been over here a few months now.  IM me when you get here.  Congats on the promotion

CitizenSoldier SGT
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#2]
S'bout the same timeline we had when we deployed.  A 2.5month trainup.

Good luck with the training.

Quick question though, why are they sending Engineers to train Iraqi troops?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck to ya man...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#4]
ENGLT/EngLT: Thank for your service to the USA, myself and my family.  How long are you going to be there?

OIF/OEF is going to be a geneis of a new nation, not many times in someone's lifetime can you be there for the birth of a new nation.  Please be careful and come home safe.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#7]
That is exactly what my son is doing right now. I was sitting here today when he called from Iraq-it was 3am there,and he had just gotten in from a night patrol with his Iraqi Jundis.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:57:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only soldiers worth a damn

I didnt say "why are they sending Infantry soldiers to train?"

I asked why Engineers.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:00:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So I found out on the 6th that I am deploying on the 26th for Fort Hood then headed out to Iraq by the end of April.  I am going to be part of an MITT team training Iraqis to fight for themselves.  Pres. Bush has said that we will not leave Iraq until they can take care of themselves and I figure that this is the best way to help accomplish that goal.  The wife isn't too happy about the short notice but she supports my decision to volunteer for this deployment.  

Wish me luck,

EngLT (soon to be EngCPT)

Good luck and keep your head down brudda.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Well they are sending soldiers from all branches over there to train Iraqis.  I heve both a Ranger and Sapper Tab so I hope that I will get to do quite a bit of hands on training covering infantry tactics and combat engineer tactics (breaching/urban mobility) but I will probably get some logistics position.  

Sylvan,  yes it is the thing you read in the Army Times and I am in what used to be the 307th (as part of modularity they split up the Bastard Brigade (Eng, Sig, MI) in Division, added an Inf Brigade and created a Bastard Battalion in each of the four brigades.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you, sincerely, for your service. Good luck and Godspeed.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#12]
That's what my son is currently doing with the 4th ID at Kalsu.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only soldiers worth a damn

Don't you mean "Dam"? Get it? Engineers - Dams. Ahhh, nevermind.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#15]
MiTTs, BiTTs, SPiTTs and PTTs are our ticket out of their, just hope you are not in Al Anbar.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Keep your eyes peeled, DTA, and stay safe!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

because engineers have such a varied role.  explosives, bridge building, emplacing obstacles, essentially engineers take care of:

mobility of our troops
countermobility of the enemy
survivability of our troops
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:57:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

because engineers have such a varied role.  explosives, bridge building, emplacing obstacles, essentially engineers take care of:

mobility of our troops

It is much more than that, the MiTTs basically are there to train them in all aspects of being soilders, evaluate them and provide them with US effects.  MiTTs are composed of combat arms officers and SNCOs with the most important thing being taught being how to be a officer or leader.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

mobility of our troops

I'm pretty sure I'm aware of the role of Combat Engineers and regular Engineers.

It was a joke/sarcasm.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#20]
So I leave on Sunday for Ft. Hood for a final train up before heading out to Kuwait.  I don't know how much free time I will have but I wouldn't mind meeting up with any local members if they are interested.

Englt
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep Im going in April myself. Leavenworth, Ft Jackson and then Iraq........

Gods Speed and be safe.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:37:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So I leave on Sunday for Ft. Hood for a final train up before heading out to Kuwait.  I don't know how much free time I will have but I wouldn't mind meeting up with any local members if they are interested.

Englt

Know where you're going to be in Iraq yet?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:57:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Englt

I'd love to, except I'm stuck in bum fuck MO.
I think you know where

Tell Big Louie I said hello!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top