Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 4:52:32 PM EDT
http://www.wsmv.com/story/20161668/store-employees-use-social-media-to-identify-shoplifters-who-complained-about-how-they-were-treated

MURFREESBORO, TN (WSMV) - Two shoplifting suspects were so upset with how they were treated in one store, they called another location to complain. The store manager did a little investigative work of his own and was able to identify the criminals using social media.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.wsmv.com/story/20161668/store-employees-use-social-media-to-identify-shoplifters-who-complained-about-how-they-were-treated

MURFREESBORO, TN (WSMV) - Two shoplifting suspects were so upset with how they were treated in one store, they called another location to complain. The store manager did a little investigative work of his own and was able to identify the criminals using social media.

At CVS I used to make them cry when I'd catch 'em, good times!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#2]
lol.......facebook
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Needs more hand chopping.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Needs more hand chopping.

Lots  more !
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go on....
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anything short of "beaten plumb to death" should be cause for rejoicing.  I hate thieves.  

I think that when these fuckers are caught, the police should go pick up a panhandler and drive them to the fucking thieves house.  Tell them go on in and pick out something nice and then drop them off at a pawn shop.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything short of "beaten plumb to death" should be cause for rejoicing.  I hate thieves.  

I think that when these fuckers are caught, the police should go pick up a panhandler and drive them to the fucking thieves house.  Tell them go on in and pick out something nice and then drop them off at a pawn shop.

I LIKE it!

Make sure the panhandler is an incoherent pants shitting wino.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I work retail. We have to BEG the police to come arrest them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#10]
trying to picture perps; hem got it
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well the reality is that around here, sometimes you have to call in a report about a stolen car.  Too many pieces of shit and too few cops.

They are all busy with domestic assaults and armed robberies etc...

I hear shoplifting about every 4th or 5th call on the scanner when I listen.  FSA is growing and emboldened.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My mother in law worked loss prevention at a JC penny in CO years ago. The best story she had was chasing a guy across the parking lot, thief climbed the fence to get away, when she got close to the fence she noticed he left something behind.  In his hurry to get away his finger got caught in the fence and due to his momentum in getting over the fence it ripped his finger off.  Who ever it was was never caught, but I think the loss of the finger is worse than what the courts would have gave him.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I LIKE it!

Only if we can use the thieve's car to deliver the pants shitting wino.
I have to spend 8 + hours in my patrol car......shit smells dont come out easily.

Neither do vomit, or pee smells.

Wet dog the dirty foot smell of some one who's gone without a shower for a few weeks goes away pretty easy though.....
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My mother in law worked loss prevention at a JC penny in CO years ago. The best story she had was chasing a guy across the parking lot, thief climbed the fence to get away, when she got close to the fence she noticed he left something behind.  In his hurry to get away his finger got caught in the fence and due to his momentum in getting over the fence it ripped his finger off.  Who ever it was was never caught, but I think the loss of the finger is worse than what the courts would have gave him.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I LIKE it!

Thank you, but I get more than enough of these types without the assistance of GD.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take them out back with no video's and hammer there hand to a pulp. It worked in Vegas.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I LIKE it!

Thank you, but I get more than enough of these types without the assistance of GD.

Use them to your advantage!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice.  I figured it would be a story like mine...

We caught this kid stealing utility knives.  On his way out, he actually stopped at the service desk and talked to them for a minute.  After that he left the store.  We try to stop him right out front, but we messed up and he takes off running.  This old couple were their watching the whole thing.  The old lady points out he dropped his wallet about halfway to the end of the parking lot.  He stops running at the end of the lot, then makes a break for his wallet just as I do the same.  He has his pants all sagging like a fucktard and can't run, so I easily beat him to it then turn and head back to the store.  As I get there, the guy that works at the service desk said the theif asked about job openings and left his name and contact info at the desk (which matched the ID in his wallet).  Stupid ass kid.  I was wanting so bad to call him and say he could come in for an interview, but the store manager denied that idea..haha

An hour or so later some girl shows up saying her brother lost his wallet in the store.  We tell her he has to come get it himself (we could see him in her car in the lot).  As expected, she makes a big scene blah blah blah.  Finally we just tell her the police are on the way because we caught him stealing from the store.  She leaves in a hough.  Cop shows up, we tell him the story, he is laughing his ass off.  Goes to kids house and arrests him while he is eating dinner with his family.

Had another guy drop his wallet once too.  He ended up going to jail because grand theft in the way of shoplifting was apparently how he supported his drug habit.

Oh yeah, had one guy make a big scene in the middle of his fraudulent return, call us all fucking racists, and storm out.  Then he plead guilty in circuit court and cried like a bitch..lmao  Stupid motherfuckers.  Sometimes I miss that job.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ouch.  

Years ago, I worked at "The Good Guys", selling TV's and such.  We had a department manager (let's just call him "Dave")who had a reputation for beating up shoplifters.  

One day, a dude, way out in the open in the store, grabbed a $600+ radio and took off running.  The department manager gave chase, followed by 5-6 other sales people.  I chased as well, partially because I was worried that the manager would catch him, and the guy might try to hurt the manager, and partially because I was afraid the manager would get in trouble for beating the shit out of the tweaker.  

The chase went from the front of the store, across a very busy road (3+ lanes each direction), in traffic, over to the old San Diego Sports Arena's parking lot.  After 150+ yards, the thief dropped the stereo, but "Dave" wasn't giving up the chase.  Another 100-200 yards, and everyone was going a bit slower, but the chase continued.  It actually looked like the thief might get to a fence and get away.  

One of the guys who worked in the back warehouse (we will call him "Shrek", cuz he resembled him) joined the chase a bit late, but made up for it using his Dodge Neon.    He tried to cut off the thief by turning in front of him.  The thief had watched a bit too much "Duke's of Hazard", and tried to do a hood slide, but slipped off and got run over and stuck under the front tire.  

The thief compounded that error, by deciding that insulting and threatening "Shrek" was a good idea.  I've never seen a person actually get tossed like a rag doll, kinda like what you would see in WWF, but that's what it reminded me of.  

He then tried to file a complaint against all of us when the cops arrived.  They were less than sympathetic.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Take them out back with no video's and hammer there hand to a pulp. It worked in Vegas.

"Cheaters Justice" starts around 2:47

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Anybody found out who they are yet ?

Talk about awkward facebooks moments, that one should be epic.

Theives.......
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I worked at **** *****  as loss prevention, here are some horror stories.

Giant dude LP guy, breaks up a professional boosting ring. Think TENS of thousands of dollars in Levis etc getting cleared out of multiple stores on a regular basis, no not talking 10-15 pairs but a whole wall display in minutes and the skeezy fuckers disperse and go.  He gets a lead on one and dogs it and dogs and dogs it some more.  Breaks an international theft ring that is shipping the Levis overseas.  Ring puts a professional hit on said lp guy.

Same LP guy goes out and grabs a punk who spins around and maces him, LP dude pummels the living fucking shitout of the dirtbal, who then whines and tries to file a criminal complaint against him.  Fast forward two days later someone else takes a 2x4 to him and he beats the shit out of 4 people 3 of which were bystanders trying to help him.

Saw this one on camera, dude is doing return fraud and check fraud on a large scale.  He would start at one store and work his way across town, his last bust he stabbed an lp agent. So they were waiting for him, also dude had a warrent out on him for assault with a deadly weapon.  He gets spooked and tries to book.... getting chased by two LP agents when the third comes out from the side and preforms a perfect clothes line... it was lights out fromt he start.

Had a drunk shit and piss himself on the floor of the LP office, had another try and run while in handcuffs, he got imbedded into the drywall.

The best one I had was the guy was boosting beer and smokes, no big deal would have been a GTFO but he had to turn all froggy and swing on the female LP. I dumped his ass and rode him down half a flight of stairs.  Cuffed his ass and took him upstairs.  While waiting on the cops I get told to take him to the bathroom... My response should have been "fuck you he shits himself" but I did not.
So we get in this 30' long shitter with a bank of lockers on the wall, I uncuff one side and shitbird tries to take my throat out with the free cuff like a sythe.  He missed and I spun him grabbed his belt and scruff of his neck... Ran as hard and fast as I could with my shoulder into it, face first into the lockers. Oh no I was not done yet I while putting the squeeze on him ran him down the length of the lockers and locks with his face, think locker fight scene from any movie and I tell you what it takes the bitch out of them right fast.
But the battered shit ass was not done yet he somehow got a clamp down on my wrist and bite. That earned him another wall pummeling and when he relaxed his bite I power bombed his ass. About that time the store manger who was n o small guy tried to come in the bathroom since he heard the shitbag xylophone, But shitbag's skull was in the way of the door... So the manager being all cool kept slamming it into shithead's now grated melon laughing while everytime he hit him.
Found out from the cops the guy was wanted in connection to several murders.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully they have at least one print on file now.  Whats better than leaving a finger print than leaving the whole damn finger.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on....

The teenagers never survive a good interview process without breaking down.   Those ones never stole for "need", just thrills.  It's not thrilling in a loss prevention interview.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:15:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:21:49 AM EDT
[#27]
im actually surprised they dont have a shoplifting drama tv show yet. like pawn stars, etc.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:27:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I worked at **** *****  as loss prevention, here are some horror stories.

Giant dude LP guy, breaks up a professional boosting ring. Think TENS of thousands of dollars in Levis etc getting cleared out of multiple stores on a regular basis, no not talking 10-15 pairs but a whole wall display in minutes and the skeezy fuckers disperse and go.  He gets a lead on one and dogs it and dogs and dogs it some more.  Breaks an international theft ring that is shipping the Levis overseas.  Ring puts a professional hit on said lp guy.

Same LP guy goes out and grabs a punk who spins around and maces him, LP dude pummels the living fucking shitout of the dirtbal, who then whines and tries to file a criminal complaint against him.  Fast forward two days later someone else takes a 2x4 to him and he beats the shit out of 4 people 3 of which were bystanders trying to help him.

Saw this one on camera, dude is doing return fraud and check fraud on a large scale.  He would start at one store and work his way across town, his last bust he stabbed an lp agent. So they were waiting for him, also dude had a warrent out on him for assault with a deadly weapon.  He gets spooked and tries to book.... getting chased by two LP agents when the third comes out from the side and preforms a perfect clothes line... it was lights out fromt he start.

Had a drunk shit and piss himself on the floor of the LP office, had another try and run while in handcuffs, he got imbedded into the drywall.

The best one I had was the guy was boosting beer and smokes, no big deal would have been a GTFO but he had to turn all froggy and swing on the female LP. I dumped his ass and rode him down half a flight of stairs.  Cuffed his ass and took him upstairs.  While waiting on the cops I get told to take him to the bathroom... My response should have been "fuck you he shits himself" but I did not.
So we get in this 30' long shitter with a bank of lockers on the wall, I uncuff one side and shitbird tries to take my throat out with the free cuff like a sythe.  He missed and I spun him grabbed his belt and scruff of his neck... Ran as hard and fast as I could with my shoulder into it, face first into the lockers. Oh no I was not done yet I while putting the squeeze on him ran him down the length of the lockers and locks with his face, think locker fight scene from any movie and I tell you what it takes the bitch out of them right fast.
But the battered shit ass was not done yet he somehow got a clamp down on my wrist and bite. That earned him another wall pummeling and when he relaxed his bite I power bombed his ass. About that time the store manger who was n o small guy tried to come in the bathroom since he heard the shitbag xylophone, But shitbag's skull was in the way of the door... So the manager being all cool kept slamming it into shithead's now grated melon laughing while everytime he hit him.
Found out from the cops the guy was wanted in connection to several murders.

9/10 (no pix)
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:28:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
im actually surprised they dont have a shoplifting drama tv show yet. like pawn stars, etc.

i think I'd or sleuth channel are going to do one. i saw the commercial.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:39:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every dept has a couple of guys that love building numbers, just get their direct number if the dept has them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Somewhere a liberal feels their pain.

But not me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Back in the day my specialty was sniffing out  check and credit card frauds.  I used to delay them until the cops pulled into the parking lot, allow them to complete the sale (fraud) then let the police pick them up in the parking lot.  Once I got whacked in the head with a roll of plastic bags by a young woman who did NOT appear to be "Sylvia Goldstein".  

Good times, good times.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Must be darwinized to keep the gene pool from getting dumber.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top