Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2001 10:10:04 AM EDT
You get 2 sighters before you start shooting for record.

Do you think its better to (1) shoot BOTH sighters, and then dial in your zero, or....

...(2) to shoot one sighter, adjust your sights, then shoot the other sighter, and adjust again.

#1 would give you a better idea where your true POA is.

#2 would give you 2 adjustments, and the ability to make smaller adjustments each time.

Which is better?? Whadda ya think????
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:16:51 AM EDT
[#1]
If the first sighter is way out, like 7 or 8, I'd make a change after the first sighter. My second sighter would just comfirm I had make the correct changes.  If the first one is a close 9 or wide 10, I'd shoot another one and then correct if necessary. I don't know if thats the best way, but it works for me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Totally dependent on your call.
If you called the first one dead-on no-doubt x, and it comes up one minute left, you click.  If you called it left and it comes up an x....you click.
If you don't have a good call on the first one, better ignore it and take the second.
The realization of just how important your call is, is one of the differences between a shooter and just someone who shoots.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Totally dependent on your call.

The realization of just how important your call is, is one of the differences between a shooter and just someone who shoots.
View Quote

Cool!!!!

I hadn't ever thought of that.

Thanx.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Take this post to the [i]Competitive/Accurate AR15[/i] forum, and you'll get a few good responses as well.

But yes, may your own judgement be your guide.  Plus, weigh the disadvantages against the advantages:  one - sight- one - sight will give you better INCREMENTS for adjusting, but what if one of those shots was a "stray"?.  Two shots - sight will give you better GROUP adjustments, but allow for less pinpoint accuracy.  When it comes down to it, shooting consistent 9 or even 10 groups are (in my humble opinion) more important than having half 10's/ half stray shots.  All depends on your judgement, marksmanship, the ability to group shots well (my biggest problem), AND whether you're shooting Service or Match, etc.

Very good question, thanks for posting it!

Jewbroni~
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top