Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 5:54:01 AM EDT
Isn't that an oxymoron? A strip joint being called "The Gentlemen's Club"?

Anyway here is the story...

Cowboys Defensive Back Shot at Topless Club in Dallas
Jul 1, 1:59 AM (ET)  

DALLAS (AP) - Dallas Cowboys defensive back Keith Davis and a security guard at a topless club were hospitalized after receiving gunshot wounds.
Davis, 24, was shot Sunday in the right hip and left hand about 2:20 a.m. outside the Dallas Gentlemen's Club, authorities said Monday. Club security guard Jacquois Thompson, 29, was shot in the left hip and right arm.

Davis was fine following treatment at Parkland Hospital, agent Byron Boston told the Dallas Morning News after visiting his client Monday.

The player told The Huntsville Item when reached by cell phone that he might be released from the hospital Tuesday.

"I'm fine. My hip is fine," Davis told the newspaper. "I'm walking around on it and just need to work it out. As far as my arm goes, I need to keep moving it around. I am having a hard time moving some fingers but I will be fine."

Davis said he expects to be ready for training camp later this month.

"I really am blessed just to be here, though," he said.

Thompson's condition was unavailable.

An altercation began inside the club between two women and spilled outside into the parking lot, culminating in the shooting, Sgt. Paul Morris said.

The player's fiancee, Amber Davis, said they drove to the club after closing time to pick up a friend. She said she was walking to her car when a vehicle drove up and a man reached out of the car and tried to grab her, putting a gun to her head.

Police were told that Keith Davis began to fight with four people inside the car. According to a police report, Thompson was pulling Davis from the car when four shots rang out.

"We have absolutely no reason why they tried to shoot us," Amber Davis said.

No arrests were made.

Keith Davis, a second-year player, spent most of the 2002 season on the Cowboys' practice squad. He played in five games at safety and on special teams.

View Quote

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:57:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Parkland, ain't that where JFK bit it?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:06:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Parkland, ain't that where JFK bit it?
View Quote

Yep!

And if you are shot in Dallas, Texas, you'd better hope they take you to where there is a trauma team waiting for their next GSW case!

Otherwise, at some suburban hospital, you may be examined by a gynecologist working a shift to pay off his or her student loans!  

Which is all right, I guess, if you're shot in the vagina!

But I don't have one!

Eric The(I'veHadAFew,ButNoneNow!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:28:15 AM EDT
[#3]
The victim's story sounds a little too good to be true.  I'm sure they were more involved than just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:38:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:47:09 AM EDT
[#5]
""We have absolutely no reason why they tried to shoot us," Amber Davis said. "

Yeah, right.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:59:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I hope LordTrader was not hurt!

GunLvr
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:04:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:16:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I was just hoping that it wasn't anyone we know that did the shooting!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top