Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2001 4:22:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#1]
We need a sit-rep, [b]mojo[/b]! Who all was there? Where did y'all eat? Anyone get sloppy drunk after the shoot?

In other words, gossip![:D]

Eric The(YouKnow,ForThoseOfUsWhoCouldn'tAttend!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I was there.  It was one of the best times I have ever had shooting.  I would Definitely do it again.  This was a great bunch of guys.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#4]
mojo that is all very close.  I was the one who took the brass in the mouth this morning.  I even changed my name because of it.  Bump firing was real fun.  Not many places you can take a bump fire class thanks RedGoat.  The ones who had lunch today we ate at a resturant in town called  Smoke Stack.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#5]
LMMFAO.......That was you????  Don't feel bad. His next round plunked me in the ribs. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I was previously btencate  or just Brian today.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Some pics are up here [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=70963[/url]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Me getting hit in the mouth was all LT's fault anyway.  He said and I quote "Its not a party until someone bleeds"  not more than 10 minutes later.  I bled.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:57:58 PM EDT
[#10]
IN all honesty, I just did not wanna show off my pistol shooting prowess. I mean, what would you guys think if I started shooting behind my back, over the shoulder, etc. and knocking down target with ease. It was hard purposely missing target. [;D]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Me getting hit in the mouth was all LT's fault anyway.  He said and I quote "Its not a party until someone bleeds"  not more than 10 minutes later.  I bled.
View Quote

And the party started!!![:D]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I think my biggest mistake of the day was turning Kelley loose with the AR10T.  I may never get to shoot it again!
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes it was a party alright!!!!
And Don the AR10T  GREAT GUN
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#15]
If any of the DFW guys want to, we can always get together again in Decatur for an old fashioned "pasture shoot". Arock, LT, and jarhead_22 have already tried it.  Maybe this time we can take Arock's suggestion and put a pig in the ground.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm game for any kind of shooting.  specially if we get to roast a pig.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#17]
If there's food and beer, I am there. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Dang, wish I'd known. It's always a great time just to be around other gunnuts...Maybe nest time.   jackpot
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Man what a GREAT DAY.  Today, Kevin (me) learned the bump... taught by the venerable redgoat-now-known-as-bamphomet-for-some-reason.

Damn that was fun.  I wanna class 3!!!!

Steel targets were a blast.  What a nice bunch of guys to shoot with.

Special thanks to Arock.  For bringing the pins, leading the way to the smoke-stack, and for keeping us organized, and mindful of safety.  I dont think you could meet a nicer guy.

What a great turnout, probably had what... 25 AR15'ers turn out?

LT... did you shoot?  I think you like to talk guns better than shooting them!  Ha!

Got some great pointers from Arock, Jarhead, LT ("aim for the base of the pins guys!") and of course RedGoat.

Special thanks as well to the owners of Tacpro.  They cut us a deal, and were SUPER nice.  Let us pretty much run our own show as if we were on private land.

Also, thanks Donr!!!  The Scout was COOL.  Hope I'll get to shoot the AR10T next time.... I want one!

I am ready for the next one guys!!!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#22]
FALARAK,
 Any time, any where.  You're welcome to shoot anything I have. That's what it's all about.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:26:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Yes thank to FALARAK for talking me out of the game also.  And Don we will be over ever weekend until the end of the year.  THANKS :)
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:02:56 AM EDT
[#24]
When is the next one?
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:11:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, I had fun too.  We'll have to do it again.  Maybe next time we can get more BiggerHammer.net folks out there.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:25:01 AM EDT
[#26]
This is TheRedgoat....

Man, I wish there had been a WARNING that said "If you change your username you WILL HAVE TO WAIT 30 DAYS TO CHANGE IT BACK!"

Grrrr....

About the shoot...

It was truly a blast!  I agree about TacPro cutting us a break.   Lots of plans for another shoot in the works right now.  Some odd rules, but hey, it all worked out great!

Glad you all enjoyed Bump Firing.  The best part was when Mojo, who had a FA, turned to me and said "Dang Goat, I thought you had a Full Auto too...!"  When done right that bump is incredible.   I have a distinct image in my mind of the stream of brass just flying out to my right, sun caught it perfectly and it positively glowed!

BTW, BrassEater, it was my brother's Mini-14 that tagged you with the brass.  He will get a chuckle out of your new ID.  That Mini-14 was wicked with its ejected cases, gave a whole new meaning to the term, audience participation.  30 feet back, head high, spinning cases, right into the crowd.

At the next shoot we will try to include more training, tactics, informal discussions of pistol shooting etc.  Best part of the day was leaning from each other, imho!  My brother has agreed to teach a pistol,rifle knife retention class, and I know some others were planning to teach some mini-classes as well.

BTW, on a sad note, I lost a 30 round, green follower mag on the bowling pin/steel plate range.  If anyone happened to pick it up, please email me.

It was my dumb mistake.  I set the mag down on the table, got in a hurry and left it.  I saw it on the table later in the day and thought "I think that is mine, I better go count my mags and be certain before I pick that up."  I did not remember to count my mags and came up one short when I got home.  [:(] TIA

On a funny note, riding back home after the shoot, my brother, Jeff, and I were talking about the attitude of everyone there.  Particularly the fact that when folks went to get lunch, they just left guns, ammo, cases, etc. out and unattended.  I never saw anyone even act like they were going to steal, or borrow anything without permission.  Amazing the level of respect shown to each other's gear.

His comment was "An armed society, is a polite society!"  I laughed, and agreed!  Great group of guys.

The pasture shoot idea sounds good.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#27]
I have never seen a Mini-14 eject a round so hard and with such and acurate spiral.  I swear someone hit me in the mouth with the but of a gun.  I have this perfect round cut on my lip where it tagged me with the crown.  No problem thought all is well.  I had a blast and I am already to do it again.  It was great meeting you all.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have never seen a Mini-14 eject a round so hard and with such and acurate spiral.  I swear someone hit me in the mouth with the but of a gun.  I have this perfect round cut on my lip where it tagged me with the crown.  No problem thought all is well.  I had a blast and I am already to do it again.  It was great meeting you all.
View Quote

BTW, it was most likely a steel cased Wolf round that tagged you.  He shot Wolf all day, I brought some brass cased SA ammo, but I don't think he used any of it.

You could be WolfEater, SteelEater, LacquerEater, LearnToDuck, Mini14SpankedMe, rofl.

Of course you will have to WAIT 30 DAYS to make that change....  
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for all the great names Baphomet but I will just keep BrassEater for now.  Well until I draw some more blood at the next shoot.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#31]
As long is it is after December 8th I am in.  I will be out of town until then.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think we need to set up another shoot on Sunday before the year is over. What do you ladies and gents think?
View Quote

Sounds great to me!

We can shoot in Terrell if we don't use the full autos, and Don_r was talking about a pasture shoot in Decatur.....
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#33]
I think the Pasture shoot sounds good in December.  That way we can pretty much control ourselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top