Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2005 7:38:51 PM EDT
Not a compound bow like at Academy, but a wooden longbow that some girl's mother had for 30 years.

Damn it was nice. Last Sunday afternoon, me and some people were shooting a bale of hay with a spray-painted pic of the Easter Playtypus. As I never shot a bow before, needless to say I sucked. But it made a very nice "whunk" when it hit the target.

Pretty deadly in the right hands.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate compounds and can't shoot them worth a shit. Trying to use a sight on a bow was pretty alien to me.

I do love real bows though. I learned to shoot from feel, the same way you throw a baseball, I was pretty good when I was younger but I haven't shot one in several years.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#2]
It takes a while to get proficient with a longbow. I used to shoot one, I use a recurve now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#3]
If it shoots something, I can shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Go out in the woods and cut some branches and make your own and then make your own arrows. Then, get all your friends to go stand in a field and take turns shooting arrows up in the air at each other.

Welcome to America.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Go out in the woods and cut some branches and make your own and then make your own arrows. Then, get all your friends to go stand in a field and take turns shooting arrows up in the air at each other.

Welcome to America.

It works well until the wood dries out
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]
my brother has an old bear recurve.  nice bow.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#7]
My dad makes both English and Native longbows. They are great to shoot.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to America.

It works well until the wood dries out

But it is so much fun! It takes most of a day to do it and well.... damn...I miss being a kid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top