Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 7:51:11 PM EDT
Yesterday at dusk a I was talking to a friend, just shooting the breeze down by the barn when he saw a shooting star.  By the time I turned around and spotted the location there was a relatively short contrail that slowly contorted and dissipated in the winds at that altitude.  Since I usually walk around HUA, this was a surprise to me.

Meteor or top secret fedrul gubmint spy plane?  It's a rare thing for me to see something that surprises me these days. I'm old.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Some do leave a smoke trail, and you can even hear a sizzle if you're close enough.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Some do leave a smoke trail, and you can even hear a sizzle if you're close enough.

Sheeeeeiiiiit!  If I get close enough to hear it sizzle, that suckers gonna be on ebay before it cools down!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I remember long time ago when I was young and living in southwest Oklahoma, we were out watching meteors, and one came down over the horizon.  FUCKING HUGE...just a massive fireball coming down, and we could hear it making noise as it came down.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yesterday at dusk a I was talking to a friend, just shooting the breeze down by the barn when he saw a shooting star.  By the time I turned around and spotted the location there was a relatively short contrail that slowly contorted and dissipated in the winds at that altitude.  Since I usually walk around HUA, this was a surprise to me.

Meteor or top secret fedrul gubmint spy plane?  It's a rare thing for me to see something that surprises me these days. I'm old.

Only the hollow ones that contain extra terrestrial vehicles, complete with hostile extra terrestrials, leave any trails.
(sorry I just couldn't resist )  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only the hollow ones that contain extra terrestrial vehicles, complete with hostile extra terrestrials, leave any trails.
(sorry I just couldn't resist )  

goddamnit where's my tinfoil?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top