Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/29/2006 7:30:12 PM EDT
I went shooting with some friends a few weeks ago and posted the pics to my facebook page. I just now discovered how to share the pics. There are 48 in all. Some are pretty good action shots. Enjoy.

Shooting With Allen, Derick, and Jason
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:36:05 PM EDT
Awesome photos.

Need to get yourself an AR.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:46:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 7:53:17 PM EDT by 2IDdoc]
Looks like you guys had a great time, and rid the world of a few more insidious watermellons.
I like the 1911 the guy in green is shooting. What model is it? Might want to have that guy learn a new grip so he doesn't injure his thumb on his weakside hand. If he's interested, there is a nice little tutorial on the American shooter web site featuring Rob Leatham that does a pretty decent job(for internet training) of showing how to get started with regards to grip and so on. Tutorial

Thanks for sharing your pics! I hope you can bring us some more soon.
Stay safe.

2IDdoc

edited to add:

I don't disagree at all that an AR would be nice, that M1 Garand could be all a guy ever really needs. These guys have great taste in firearms. A guy could be proud to have a weapon collection consisting of nothing more than a 1911 and an M1 Garand. That's more than enough to go into combat IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:46:53 PM EDT
Jason is going to get his left thumb cut off by the slide of one of those pistols.....

Awesome pics though !
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:50:39 PM EDT
The guy in the green kinda looks like Andy Dick
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:51:28 PM EDT
I saw a guy loose most of his nuckle shooting that way. It is also doesnt do anything for controlling the pistol in recoil. I use a high thumbs hold both gun hand and off hand thumbs along side the slide. Shooting hand thumb sets in the notch of the off hand thumb underneath it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:52:43 PM EDT
Cool pics!!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:03:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CRC:
Awesome photos.

+1
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:55:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2006 9:24:33 AM EDT by Wubbman]
LOL about Jason. I talked to him about the Andy Dick reference today and he agreed. I think he's heard it before. He said that was his first time to shoot a handgun. I don't think shooting is really his thing, but if I take him again I'll help him work on his grip. The 1911 is a Kimber TLE/RL II. It is a very accurate and attractive pistol but the external extractor has reliability issues. I'm going to send it back to the factory for service this week as a matter of fact. As for getting an AR, its definately on my list, but I think I'm going to save up and get an LRB M1A when I start my career this summer.

I'm glad everyone liked the pics. I have another shooting album that I'll post tomorrow.
Top Top