Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2005 4:08:10 PM EDT
Thought you guys and ladies might get a kick out of this. Went to sight in three rifles today and the Range Officer yells: "CEASE FIRE!!! CEASE FIRE!!!"

Why? do you ask??

Because three of these little guys decide to walk right ACROSS the 400 yard line!

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#1]
c'mon, Doc, it's not like you'd be able to HIT that at 400 yards....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen deer enter a live range before (.mil)...

....now ya know, the second they're legal to shoot they will be nowhere to be found.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
My Father said that when he was in the army, doing rifle practice, a deer walked out onto the firing line and the Drill Sergeant told the people on the firing line to shoot it, The whole firing line opend up with M14s and no one hit it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
c'mon, Doc, it's not like you'd be able to HIT that at 400 yards....

If I get knob turrets for my scope and match ammo... you dont think so?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#5]
A couple weeks ago, I had to wait for all the turkeys to leave the 100 yard range before I could shoot!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've seen deer enter a live range before (.mil)...

....now ya know, the second they're legal to shoot they will be nowhere to be found.

+1-seems like they're all over the place until season starts
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:14:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thought you guys and ladies might get a kick out of this. Went to sight in three rifles today and the Range Officer yells: "CEASE FIRE!!! CEASE FIRE!!!"

Why? do you ask??

Because three of these little guys decide to walk right ACROSS the 400 yard line!

www.ccedc.com/fun/recreation/images/tn_doe.jpg

Damn and if you step on a twig it spooks them. I say the bastard was trying to commit suicide.

Shame on you for not getting him.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Dust the bastard with birdshot.

Stupid fucking deer.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why? do you ask??

www.ccedc.com/fun/recreation/images/tn_doe.jpg

Damn and if you step on a twig it spooks them. I say the bastard was trying to commit suicide.

Shame on you for not getting him.

HIM?? There were THREE!!!

It was a MASS SUICIDE ATTEMPT!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#10]
There are a couple that live on a local range. There is no other wooded area around for them.They wander onto the firing line all the time. The only way to get them to move on their way is to start walking towards them and scare them off. I saw one guy almost get close enough to slap one on its rear one day before it ran off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I've seen deer come up on the berm before.  Once watched a freakin' turkey chase grasshoppers just in front of the 200 yard line.  He went from left to right across a 60 bench range.  There were less than 10 shooters, we let him go.  Also seen birds land on my target and then look down went I put a round into the target.  I guess the local wildlife get used to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top