Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/25/2004 5:15:53 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/25/2004 5:20:40 AM EST by cjklekar]
originally quoted by Dennis M. Becklin, Publisher SouthernOregonNews LLC

It's not about his opposition to "assault weapons". I don't personally care if Kerry opposes "assault weapons". It's not a major issue for most hunters unless he continues to oppose the sale and use of semi-automatic shotguns and rifles that have been used for countless years by law-abiding citizens for hunting and sport shooting.

This guy exemplifies what I've always said about the shooting community! I can't believe he doesn't care about Kerry's opposition to 'assault weapons' He only cares about his hunting arms. IMHO, Mr. Becklin doesn't understand the concept that if we surely don't hang together on this issue, surely we will hang seperately!

Contact info: Dennis M. Becklin may be reached at dennis@southernoregonnews.com
link to original article: www.applegateoregonnews.com/articles/index.cfm?artOID=229044&cp=10963

edited to add story link
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:26:07 AM EST
This not suprising. I have been told by hunters that they don't care if they ban the EBRs as long as they leave their hunting rifles alone.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:30:23 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:03:20 AM EST
Lightning_P38- with all due respect to your opinion, here's a publisher/shooter who in an article actually wrote that 'he doesn't care'. How many other folks, hunters or otherwise will read this and pass this on to someone else? An attitude like that is infectious with the already apathetic public that doesn't know the difference between semi and full-auto.

I am glad that the shooters you associate with 'love our guns'; keep pushing the 'correct' message and thanks!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:08:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/25/2004 8:09:15 AM EST by GUNGUY1911]
Hunters and Perazzi-Nazis WILL be our downfall, probably moreso than DiFI or Chucky! While I am SURE that there are many Hunter/ShotgunNazi/Sportsmen that agree with us, there are MANY more who are outspoken against us! Don't believe me, try taking your "Combat Style" shotgun to a clays match!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:10:57 AM EST
Top Top