Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/4/2002 4:02:28 PM EDT
"The Spray and Pray-ers" The most annoying folks at the range are the people who paste three dozen targets all over the cardboard esp the edges then blast away and tear up the wood target frames which are built/repaired by volunteers. "The Know-it-all" Invariably shoots a full size 1911 and lets anyone and everyone within shouting distance know that shooting a firearm in any caliber smaller than .45ACP "Ain't S***". A variation is the person who locates themselves in the bay next to you even though there are 100 empty bays open to use. Proceeds to tell you what "you are doing wrong". "The Marksman Masturbator" (courtesy of Yeager?) This guy spends his time shooting 1" groups into a circled silhouette target from three yards...takes an hour to shoot 50 rounds...and crows about his "concealed carry skills". Forgets that in real life, people don't have concentric circles painted on their chests and that they rarely stay still in a gunfight. Shuns offers to participate in IDPA or other practical shooting events. Fears competition. A big fish in a small pond. "Talks the talk" This range bozo can be found endlessly complaining about Schumer, HCI, "the government" and in particular, the state's restrictions on CCW. When invited to participate in grassroots level gun rights activities retorts 'I give my $35 bucks to the NRA every year!'. Worse than a Million Mommie. "The Brass Hog" Picks up their brass...and everyone else's too. "The He-man" Brings dates to the range in order to impress them with his superior marksmanship ability (from three yards). Invariably shoots a .44 magnum and gets his potential mating partners to try their first time luck with the same firearm. Never seen with the same female twice. "The Anointed Ones" Individuals who are granted CCW privileges above and beyond that of the great unwashed and let everyone within shouting distance know about their special status. Does not involve themselves in gun rights activities. The Brass Hound "Ya gonna reload that? Mind if I pick it up?" ...or better yet, he's picking the brass up all around you without asking, sometimes even watching where your empties land. The Armchair Commando Invariably 18-21 years old, carries a HK or Glock in a thigh rig or a Yaqui Slide with the snout of the gun poking out intentionally from underneath the shirt. No shooting technique, range sessions consist of emptying mags downrange as fast as he can pull the trigger. When he's not shooting, he's BSing in the store, giving uninvited (bad) advice to prospective gun buyers, or stating how he can evade someone with a scoped rifle by doing cartwheels while shooting his handgun clean through the other guy's scope at 30 yards. A guy or group of guys in various paramilitary paraphernalia (especially exotic, foreign uniforms - notably Rhodesian scout hats, and Soldiers of Fortune pins) that, in between mediocre shot groups, talk tactics and strategies. You can tell that these guys weren't even in the Air Force National Guard much less some sort of fighting outfit by the way they swagger. Real GIs march with straight shoulders, they don't swagger. See part II
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:09:59 PM EDT
Gangbanger-types- Show up in 68 Impala. Travel in groups of 6 or more. Spend the first 45 minutes loading up their mags(AK clones and SKS, a few minis). Spend next 15 seconds blasting, SIMULTANEOUSLY, as fast as they can spray. Return to step one, repeat 3 cycles, leave. I guess 6 guys all spraying kinda sounds like full auto?
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:15:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By nobby: The Armchair Commando When he's not shooting, he's BSing in the store, giving uninvited (bad) advice to prospective gun buyers, or stating how he can evade someone with a scoped rifle by doing cartwheels while shooting his handgun clean through the other guy's scope at 30 yards.
View Quote
LMFAO
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:19:38 PM EDT
nobby: Dude, you need to find a new range... Funny though, I've seen some of your stereo types to a lesser extreme. I can usually get a lecture on how I should get into reloading from the brass hounds.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:46:12 PM EDT
I sure hope that Part II will display the Positive characters that hang out at the range.....
Top Top