Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/23/2005 10:20:14 AM EDT
www.lizmichael.com/shooting.htm

This was a topic on another site.

Instead of printing the whole thing here is a link to the article
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:23:10 AM EDT
Well, that's....interesting.

Tagged. This oughta generate some good discussion.

Who is Liz Michael, BTW?

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:28:50 AM EDT
Well, he pretty much had me on most points. A bit radical and off the wall, even for me...but I can see where he is coming from on most.

Until we got to the final bullshit point.

Sorry, if he believes that, he needs to have his ass kicked.

The last point pretty much qualifies as treason in my book....
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:29:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:39:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2005 10:40:21 AM EDT by lippo]

Rather, if you must fund something, enable the revolutionary movements within America to assert themselves and supplant this ungodly government. There are literal dozens of them. There are independence movements for the Confederate States, for New England, for Alaska, for Hawaii, for Texas, for California, for Michigan.

That's news to me. If she means the Michigan Militia is an indepence movement.

There may be some liberals here that want a revolution, but they couldn't fight their way out of a wet bag. So she's a ranter and a
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:42:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pzjgr:
Well, he pretty much had me on most points. A bit radical and off the wall, even for me...but I can see where he is coming from on most.

Until we got to the final bullshit point.

Sorry, if he believes that, he needs to have his ass kicked.

The last point pretty much qualifies as treason in my book....

Im gonna have to agree with treason on the last point as well. It has some very good points that make you think but I believe he pushed it too far towards radical extremist territory.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:51:49 AM EDT
The difference between the right and left on revolution is that the right believes in the pre-existence of human rights independent of the state and even constitution. We have a right to religion, press, assembly, arms... not because the Constitution says so, or because some majority says so, but because human nature is one and it requires these rights for individuals to be happy.

In other words, there is an pre-existing order of things we can't mess with, but must a) discover (not create at whim) and b) respect (with moral restraint and reason). Government exists to protect our rights not to fabricate them out of thin air *(penumbras and emmanations) and then force them on people with the brute force of police powers.

Because this is so, most on the right don't think revolution can start unless all other means of peaceful discourse have been exhausted AND the other side starts hostilities.

The Left doesn't believe this. They believe rights are what the strongest party says they are and its only the STATE that creates and provides them to individuals. That's why they're happy to disarm themselves and make the state ever more powerful, it's their god. It provides them all they want.

But what happens when a state ceases to give them what they want? They feel completely free to break the law and over throw it, since rights don't exist independently of their whim and might.

I'll admit that here, thank God, liberals aren't violent. But elsewhere in the world they are and have overthrown governments. Let's pray to God that they don't try to take their marbles and go home when they lose in 2006 and 08.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:55:44 AM EDT
Reading it was ok....

UNTIL THE END

That is where this dude lost it for sure.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:55:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2005 10:56:08 AM EDT by GySgtD]
Is it just me, or is Liz Michael actually Linda Thompson with a wig?
Top Top