Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 7:04:34 PM EDT
To some this may seem a rant, but it's not.  It's just my observation.

Folks, shit happens.  That's just the way it is.  It doesn't always have to be someone's fault.  Someone does not always have to pay.  Shit happens.  Bad stuff.   Good stuff (though no one pays attention to that).  Most of the time when it is someone's fault it is your own.  

Examples are legion. Twelve coal miners die in a horrible accident.  The story I heard was that it was an explosion set off by lightening.  Fifteen seconds after they are announced (correctly, finally) dead it's the coal company's fault, the state's fault, the supervisor's fault, God's fault.  The miscommunication was the media's fault, too many cell phone's fault, God's fault, the Governor's fault, and so on.  Those men had dangerous jobs.  They chose to work there.  They were in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Shit happens.  Sad, most definitely.  I pray for those families.  It was a horrible thing, but people won't let it just be a horrible thing.  There are lawyers lined up to file suits already.  The miscommunication was just that - a miscommunication either by the sender or receiver.  Done under awful conditions.  Misinterpreted and out of control.  Shit happens.  

Ice rink roof collapses and kills 14.  It snowed a lot.  God, again?  Ice rink owner?  Steel beem manufactuer?  No, it just snowed too much.  Shit happens.  Horrible stuff to be sure.

My Dad got cancer.  He died.  He smoked for 50 years.  If anyone's fault it was his.  He fully acknowledged that while staring death in the face.  He did not blame evil tobacco companies.  He had known for many years it was bad for him but he kept it up.  He died.  I miss him a lot, but shit happens.  Christopher Reeves wife gets lung cancer at an early age.  Never smoked.  Was loyal to her husband until he passed.  Now she probably will too (may have already - don't know).  Shit happens.  Someone's fault?  Bad genetics?  Pollution?  Stray gamma ray passing through the galaxy?  Virus?  Who knows?  Shit happens.  

Hurricanes.  Floods.  Tornados.  Traffic jams.  Turned down for a job.  Dishwasher leaks.  Chronic diseases.  Shit happens.

I'm not saying that at times it is someone's fault.  If your appliance breaks due to gross negligence by the  manufacturer you should get a free repair or replacement.  Some drunk kills your child.  Sue their ass if you can keep yourself from shooting them first.  Doctor cuts off the wrong part.  That's gross negligence.  Those things lawyers should help you get justice and compensation.   Crash planes into towers and you and any country that likes you will pay.  That is NOT a shit happens.  

Flunk out of highschool and say it's because you are black - bullshit.  Say you lost the election because you think the people that would have voted for you were too stupid to do it correctly.  Tough shit, buddy.  They probably shouldn't be allowed to vote anyway, but that's a different story.  Too fat?  It's McDonald's fault.  It's food companies fault for making it taste good.  Giving me big portions.   Maybe you just eat too damn much (I know I do), but it isn't their fault.  It's mine this time.  

This American generation is going to go down in history as the one that takes no personal responsibility.  Believes nothing can truly be their fault or just fate.  When all else fails they blame God or use it as a rationale for saying there is no God.  Those are the same people that do not thank God when good things happen for them.  Can't have it both ways folks.  You can believe in God or not.  Just dont' try to get your cake and eat it too.  

So the ACLU and all those Organizations, Coallitions, Movements, Societies, and lawyers that exist for the sole purpose of absolving people for stupid things they do to themselves or qualifies as shit happens need to find a tall cliff with sharp rocks at the bottom.  Shit happens.  

MissouriBob out.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
+1000000000000000000
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

This American generation is going to go down in history as the one that takes no personal responsibility.  Believes nothing can truly be their fault or just fate.  

And I'm embarrassed to be part of it.

I mean, its my parents fault, after all.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I blame Bushf oer your rant.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#6]
miss ya, Bob  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#7]
It's Bush's fault. Someone somewhere is saying that and ya'll know it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#8]
You know I've seen "It's Bush's fault" so many times I couldn't count them all, but, like a dummy, completely miss putting it into my little tirade.  Woulda made the perfect ending.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You know I've seen "It's Bush's fault" so many times I couldn't count them all, but, like a dummy, completely miss putting it into my little tirade.  Woulda made the perfect ending.  

It's not to late......Edit
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:20:32 PM EDT
[#10]
... Spot on
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Nowadays shit happens and people expect the government to fix it and take care of them. It will just get worse and the only answer to that problem will of course be more government.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top