Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2014 8:59:20 PM EDT
During my time of gang trouble in 2011, I had a member of this board send me his bulletproof (I don't like that term) vest.  I just tried to return it via UPS two months ago.  They just returned it.  The manager stated that the laws had changed in the last little while and it was now illegal to ship body armor.

I cannot find anything on line to back up his statements.  Does anyone know anything about this?  

Thanks fellows.

Amos1909
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#1]
No law against shipping armor. I've had two sets of plates delivered over the years. I doubt TN has any state restrictions on body armor.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless you tell them what it is how will they know?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I sold and shipped a vest to a guy in Idaho via USPS, and it went without problems. Well, other than I quoted a price "shipped", not knowing how much of a beating I was going to take on shipping costs. It was an older XL PASGT vest, not that it makes a difference to the USPS.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#4]
UPS store or hub?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I rolled one gently and it fit in a flat rate large box
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
During my time of gang trouble in 2011, I had a member of this board send me his bulletproof (I don't like that term) vest.  I just tried to return it via UPS two months ago.  They just returned it.  The manager stated that the laws had changed in the last little while and it was now illegal to ship body armor.

I cannot find anything on line to back up his statements.  Does anyone know anything about this?  

Thanks fellows.

Amos1909
View Quote

Manager is full of shit, or lying.

Wait a minute...they had it for TWO MONTHS?!?!

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#7]
It is a UPS store.  But they actually returned the package to the store.   Thanks for all the info fellows.  Thought I had missed something.  

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

UPS store or hub?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:43:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Montana        
Quoted:

Where were you shipping it to
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#10]
It's simply clothing, yes?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I didn't declare what it was. It is an article of clothing that I would wear.    I'm still a wee bit confused, but I will get it sorted out.        
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I didn't declare what it was. It is an article of clothing that I would wear.    I'm still a wee bit confused, but I will get it sorted out.        

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How did they know what it was?

Did they see you pack it?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I was under the impression that the only packages that are x-rayed by UPS are those that are going by plane.

How would they know?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I was under the impression that the only packages that are x-rayed by UPS are those that are going by plane.

How would they know?
View Quote
that is what I am wondering. I do wonder if it is the UPS store rules. I'll find out more tomorrow.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

packed it at home.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
packed it at home.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

packed it at home.

Had the package been opened?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Obviously, the package was opened.
 DO NOT use the services of a  UPS " STORE " those are basically a pack of gypsies and thieves, manning a copy and office supply kiosk, with a side business of pilfering parcels.

If you want to ship UPS, print a label, call for pickup, and the brown truck will  pickup your parcel, and  another  one will deliver it. It really does work that way.

As long as it isn't ticking, hissing, leaking, dripping, or  emitting gamma rays, nobody gives a fuck what  is in the box.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Obviously, the package was opened.  DO NOT use the services of a  UPS " STORE " those are basically a pack of gypsies and thieves, manning a copy and office supply kiosk, with a side business of pilfering parcels.
If you want to ship UPS, print a label, call for pickup, and the brown truck will  pickup your parcel, and  another  one will deliver it. It really does work that way.
As long as it isn't ticking, hissing, leaking, dripping, or  emitting gamma rays, nobody gives a fuck what  is in the box.
View Quote

this ......don't make things harder than they have to be....
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Box it up, if they ask what it is say clothes.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#20]
This is what cracks me up when you hear these things. "Its illegal to ship guns, ammo, body armor, rifles, etc."  How in hell do they think these things get delivered by a flying unicorn??? UPS and Fed Ex rarely know the law OR even their own policies!!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top