Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/16/2001 1:44:04 PM EDT
Is it legal for me to ship my AR lower out of state to anyone I may choose for repairs using any transport I choose? This would include the US Postal Service, UPS etc. Is my lower ruled a firearm or just nonrestricted parts?
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:29:26 PM EDT
You can ship it out of state for repairs, but not to just anyone... only to someone with a federal firearms license. You can also ship it to yourself, care of another person, if you wanted to ship your rifles out of state for hunting or to attend a match or something.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 7:18:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Circuits: You can ship it out of state for repairs, but not to just anyone... only to someone with a federal firearms license. You can also ship it to yourself, care of another person, if you wanted to ship your rifles out of state for hunting or to attend a match or something.
View Quote
Does it matter by what means I ship it? Can I ship it U. S. Postal Service?
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 7:24:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 8:37:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Chuck: USPS, UPS, FedEx, makes no difference. But it's gotta be to a FFL. Real gunsmiths have FFLs as do manufacturers. Get a "tracking number" regardless of how you do it. Only send what's necessary, the whole rifle is heavy. I'm curious as to what repair is necessary to send out of state to correct. There are no restrictions for in-state shipping, the receiver need not be a FFL. Low receiver's parts are interchangeable and easy to find. -- Chuck
View Quote
Thanks once more for the good info. I am thinking about having a new trigger group installed and fitted for me by a reputable smith out of state. ---Cal
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:00:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:41:36 AM EDT
Chuck, I am thinking about an Accuracy Speaks single stage or purhaps an RRA two stage. I am putting into an inexpensice project and am looking for a decent trigger group for small investment. I don't think I have the expertise to do trigger work correctly, even the "drop ins". Cal
Top Top