Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 10:36:28 PM EDT
I will be flying to Rhode Island, thru Baltimore in May to pick up my son from the Naval academy prep school to drive home with him for the summer before he leaves to attend the USNA in Annapolis.  I don't want to drive home unarmed but have been told it could be a problem when we land in Baltimore to switch planes.

Is it a problem if I mail a pistol to myself at the hotel I will be staying at in Newport, RI or getting a PO box in Newport and mailing it to myself there instead?

Thinking of stopping by the CMP and picking up a couple of Garands on the way home also.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]
UPS all the way.

The Post Office will NOT ship your pistol home for you.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
You can fly with an unloaded & properly shipped firearm as long as proper procedure is followed at the airport check-in.

I'd call a couple of airlines & see what they can tell you as far as procedures, etc.

I doubt I have to tell you to insure the gun, do I?????    

Congrats on your son, as well! I hope he'll make a good Marine!  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#3]
check it as baggage following airline protocol.  that way you dont need to dork around with UPS.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You can fly with an unloaded & properly shipped firearm as long as proper procedure is followed at the airport check-in.

I'd call a couple of airlines & see what they can tell you as far as procedures, etc.

I doubt I have to tell you to insure the gun, do I?????    

Congrats on your son, as well! I hope he'll make a good Marine!  

Actually he is thinking of going Marine Aviation.  He has a better chance of flying than if he goes Naval Aviation.

And thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top