Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
10/30/2020 2:42:12 PM
Posted: 8/11/2004 6:41:50 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 7:08:22 AM EST

State/DTC is usually the authority, but since he's AD I don't know if it changes things. If you don't find a arfcommer that knows for sure, here are some links to Uncle:

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 11:00:08 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:20:24 PM EST
The GI you want to mail it to should get in writing permision from his Commanding Officer. Also he needs to research German Gun Laws and the SOFA (Status of forces Agreement). German Gun laws would only apply to the GI. If you wanted to donate it to the unit..........It'd be US Government Property and immune from german law. I'm no lawyer but a Master Sergeant did just that with his carry piece when I was stationed in Spain. He got a Guia (CCW permit) for government owned weapons as Americans couldn't get a Guia for privatley owned ones and "LOST" it and paid a dollar (his selling price) for it when he left.
Top Top