Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 8:34:08 PM EDT
I am selling a KAC rail to a fellow who lives in Italy. Before I complete this, is there anything I should know about shipping a rail system overseas to Italy?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Gun part over $100 means that you need to check with the ATF and maybe the state department to get export clearance
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:35:53 PM EDT
[#2]
ITAR sucks
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Just send it USPS International. On the Declaration Form put 'handgrip' (only) and on "Value" put something small or "gift", Guarda di Financia will tax your receiving party based on the declared value.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just send it USPS International. On the Declaration Form put 'handgrip' (only) and on "Value" put something small or "gift", Guarda di Financia will tax your receiving party based on the declared value.

Are you seriously encouraging the OP to commit a felony?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am new to all of this and if it too much hassle I may call it off. Just making sure I do this right, or not at all.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, I ain't telling...are you?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am new to all of this and if it too much hassle I may call it off. Just making sure I do this right, or not at all.

I'm going to vote for Not At All!!! Not worth it!

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It can be legally done, but there's a lot of paperwork that needs to be done before it is allowed.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:44:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I am tending to agree with you. I really do not want to cross the ITAR regs and go to a federal pen.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It can be legally done, but there's a lot of paperwork that needs to be done before it is allowed.

What would this paperwork entail?

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I wouldnt do it. It will wind up in China and will be copied....

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wouldnt do it. It will wind up in China and will be copied....

KAC rails are already copied in China/TW/HK.  They mainly make the carbine length versions though, none of the longer ones
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Callahan:

You start here

http://pmddtc.state.gov/

Once you get registered, you can start on a DSP-5 / DSP-83

Your other choice would be to send the rail to a licensed exporter for processing.

Lem
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 12:21:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 12:23:45 AM EDT
[#15]
posts in support of criminal activities
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top