Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 9:10:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 9:10:58 PM EST by NoMoAMMO]
Well after I retrain I'm hoping to go to Alaska, but I was wondering how yall get ammo and C&R guns shipped up there? It seems I oalways see lower 48 for shipping?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:12:18 PM EST
its probably double for AK,
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:12:47 PM EST
Ammo's a pain to ship, lots of regulations that prevent it from being shipped by air. Most small things like guns come up by air.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:17:56 PM EST
So I guess if I get lucky enough to go I should buy in bulk and U-haul it up there? If it can go through Canada that is.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:24:40 PM EST
I would hate to have to drive that far
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:02:39 PM EST
Better check ahead on taking guns through Canada. They are pretty touchy about Americans with guns.

You might look at taking the ferry. It would cost a hunk of change, but you'd be under US law all the way.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:38:35 PM EST
I checked with the Canucks on my guns,and pretty much all I would be able to take would be C&R stuff, everything else would have to go another way. I'll have to look at the ferry service.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:56:18 AM EST
When I moved up from Florida the moveing company let me ship all of my rifles with them . They would not accept any of my pistols. We drove to Seatle and shipped the Jeep and put the hand guns in our luggage .

Keep in mind it isn't just guns and ammo you get hosed on . EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE WILL CHARGE YOU MORE FOR LIVEING UP HERE. Even if they can just drop it in the USPS system they tell you it has to be 2 day air or they won't let you buy it . The only exception I have seen so far is Magman in the EE . He shipped to me at the same price as anyone even though his ad said CONUS.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:08:39 AM EST
When I drove from AK to TX they asked specifically if I had any guns in the vehicle. I said yes, they then asked if they were pistols and if they were semi-auto - I just said hunting shotguns and rifles... Are you in the military for retraining?

Spooky
Top Top