Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 4:45:00 PM EDT
Buddy's gettign ready oy leave for Iraq. He's at Lejune getting ready, and his mags are crap. He wants to order some nicer ones to take with. Naturally, no one will ship hi cap to Cali. So he want to have them shipped to me, and have me ship them to him at Lejune.

Legal?

They are going to an on base address. not off base. HE's not from Cali, so i'm nto worried abotu them going anywhere they aren't supposed to. 100% legit. But is it legal for me to send them to him?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Send them to him at the unit address. For gods sake MACHINE GUNS get mailed to that address. Send him the restricted mags if you can get your hands on enough.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not illegal for you to send them to him.  It's illegal for him to receive them.  Can his unit not order extras?  (obviously not, since he's resorting to personal means to get them)

Edit-There might be a loophole if they're staying on a .mil installation. I don't know those specifics.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Lejune ain't Cali property.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Should be fine I would think since its military. Either way, mags aren't marked are they? Perhaps you have a nice batch of pre-ban mags :D

Eitherway, dont let our boys go over there with shitty equipment
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#5]
When did Camp Lejeune get moved to California?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Lejeune is in North Carolina.... 29 Palms is in CA.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:42:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

my bad... i thought he said lejune. maybe i got em mixed up. It's definitly Cali he's at.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Edit - Oh nevermind, this isn't GD  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#9]
It's illegal for him to "import".

The relevant questions being do they somehow check packages going to military bases?  and would he get in trouble?  Maybe put a note in there.  "Heard you might need these.  Good Luck and Good Hunting."  that might be enough for him to get away with it, unsolicited gift if opened and the openers/inspectors may be sympathetic enough to let it go, or they may get there with no problem.  My somewhat educated guess (from sending stuff to my son) is that they are performing some kind of check on packages going to military bases.  Just about anything over  letter size or 1 pound going to a military address, needs to to be mailed in person at a post office.  I have sent stuff via UPS but again, it was in person, didn't try a drop box.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#10]
It's LEGAL to import and receive magazine spare parts. Just take them apart and you're fine.

I know that for a civilian it would be a misdemeanor to assemble into a brand new mag. DOJ says as long as you use one original part of the old mag, say the baseplate, then it’s legal. I’d think that LE and Military has an exemption to that and it would not matter.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:05:04 AM EDT
[#11]
When I was at Ft Bliss I ordered some tings that werew shipped via UPS but when the UPS driver came on post, they couldnt find the address since it was an army address. They left me a note and I called them and they told me that I could pick it up at the UPS terminal.

From then on I would tell whoever was shipping something to me that was using UPS to mark on the box "HOLD AT TERMINAL" "CUSTOMER WILL PICK UP"

It cost me a little gas to do that but I avoided all the hasles with army mail.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:47:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Take them apart and send them as replacement parts if you're nervous.

No one is going to break balls if the guy is a soldier.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#13]

my bad... i thought he said lejune. maybe i got em mixed up. It's definitly Cali he's at.

Possibly Camp Pendleton?
I'm told that military persons CAN accept materials (receivers, such) if they are handled properly. CHECK IT OUT thoroughly first, though!

God bless and keep your buddy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Just take them apart, send the mags in one box, the springs, bases, and followers in another.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top