Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2001 6:34:08 PM EDT
BEIJING (Reuters) - More than three million Chinese drink their own urine in the belief it is good for their health, the official Xinhua news agency reported on Friday.

Participants at a recent seminar on the practice in the northeastern city of Shenyang were told that urine contains many active ingredients which strengthen the immune system, Xinhua said.

"Urine contains no bacterium and is more sanitary than blood," Yang Liansheng, a professor from the Liaoning Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, was quoted as saying.

Engineer Zhu Jinfu told the seminar he had been drinking his own urine since he was 13 and had lived a healthy life for the last 58 years, Xinhua said.

Many of his forefathers had also lived to a ripe old age thanks to urine therapy, he said.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
"Urine contains no bacterium and is more sanitary than blood," Yang Liansheng

Hell, in that case, make mine a double![%|]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't wait to see the look on my wifes face tomorrow when she sees I've switched from Folgers.

Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I can't wait to see the look on my wifes face tomorrow when she sees I've switched from Folgers.

View Quote

ROTFLMAO!
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Golden Shower anyone?
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to hell for that last comment.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#6]
What's the big deal?  Millions of Americans have been drinking piss for decades, only we call it Budweiser.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess in China getting pissed off ain't that bad.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess the word recycle comes to mind.....

[puke]  [puke]  [puke]  [puke]

- bricklayer
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd say 1) it depends on how old she is and 2) what time of the month!
[8D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#10]
That's ok, Madonna thinks peeing on her feet in the shower keeps checks fungus growth.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I've heard some Germans do it too... for medicinal purpose.  I think they said it cures some skin disease.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Whenever a government wants to manipulate the sheep of thier nation to "hate" an adversary, they utilize "media releases" that de-humanize the intended nation.
First, it was the Chinaman eating the Fetus picture. Now, they consume urine.....

"Yeah!! Dem Dere China-men eat babies, and drink piss, Cleatus! I say we git 'em'..."

Fuckin sheep.

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Yikes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top