Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2016 7:05:11 PM EDT
Like the title says. Shaved the 10, 8, and 4 year old's neck with an open combed DE razor. The blade was a feather.

Their necks are all perfectly smooth now but damn, that was slightly exciting with the constantly moving 4 year old

No nicks, cuts or bumps
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Having 3 that age I feel for you OP.  I have a 5 month old and she keeps me busy.

Your doing it right OP.  Cheers my Indiana brother
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Having 3 that age I feel for you OP.  I have a 5 month old and she keeps me busy.

Your doing it right OP.  Cheers my Indiana brother
View Quote

We have a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:39:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a similar setup for trimming up after haircuts on my 3yo and 5yo. I use a Gillette adjustable to give myself a bit of a margin for error.

My wife says it's time to cut the 1yo's hair. Not sure if I trust myself to use the razor on him yet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Reminds me of back when I was a little boy going to the barber shop.  They used hot towels and then warm lather on your neck... When the barber said "Be Still" he meant it as they were shaving the back of your neck with a straight razor.  I'm too young to remember seeing anyone getting a true shave in a barbershop but I sure remember those neck shaves and the brush with the talcum powder for brushing off the hair when they got done.  

Nice job Dad!
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reminds me of back when I was a little boy going to the barber shop.  They used hot towels and then warm lather on your neck... When the barber said "Be Still" he meant it as they were shaving the back of your neck with a straight razor.  I'm too young to remember seeing anyone getting a true shave in a barbershop but I sure remember those neck shaves and the brush with the talcum powder for brushing off the hair when they got done.  

Nice job Dad!
View Quote

My grandpa's barber did that too.  Straight razor, hot lather and the towel treatment.  Damn I miss that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:43:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Nothing like a barber shave with a straight razor, hot towels & shave cream.  I used to have on every Saturday night before my date.  Mid 60s when there was not much choice in blades and the available blades left you raw.  Asked a barber for a shave about 15 years ago and he did his best but I could tell he probably only had done one in his life.  He was so nervous his hand was shaking a bit.  Not going to get that done again.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Took me a while to find a barber here that will use a straight razor, Found one and he's only $14 for haircut/shave...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top