Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/16/2004 6:13:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/18/2004 7:24:11 PM EST by Javak]
Went to the local fun shop today to look at their Yugo SKS on sale. I asked the salesman if it comes with cleaning kit. He said "Some of them do. Stick your finger in the butt and you can feel it." My face was twisting when he grabbed the gun and proceeds to do an anal probe of the poor SKS and said "yeah, it's there" I told him "hey, we have children here!"

Then he got the joke.

Anyone else have funny stories?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:15:42 PM EST
I richochetted a fragment of lead off a 22 bullet into my friends ass one time..... I thought that was funny
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:16:10 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:20:20 PM EST
Too many to list.

Just imagine inbred, one tooth hillbillys trying to sell black rifles for 3x what they should go for, or $50 used fal mags. I really liked the glock 21 preban mag for $200
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:33:09 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:45:27 PM EST
I was at a gun shop in Charlotte a couple weeks ago and these two gangbangers were drooling over the Tec-9 "machinegun" they had. The guy asked the salesman if they had the holster and the 40 round "clips" for it. Then he waved it around and asked his butt-buddy if he thought "n****s would be scared" if he pulled that on them. It was disturbing, but funny at the same time.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:46:23 PM EST
A buddy and I were shooting at Clark Brothers in Virginia, they have an outdoor range there.

The guy next to us was a bit of an ass, bitching about this or that to whoever would listen. He was shooting with his girlfriend and smoking a cigarette. After a while, he decided he was done smoking, and flicked the butt out in front of the shooting benches, into the grass. Note that in front of the benches there was a bunch of old shell casings and whatnot. Well, sure enough, in a minute or so, the grass in front of the line catches on fire, and starts burning real good. RM calls cease fire, and someone runs to get the garden hose and put it out.
We are all standing back, my friend and I talking about the dumbass with the cig, when suddenly,
BANG!
Some one had thrown a dud or live round out there in the past, and sure enough it cooked off.
At that point, we looked at each other and kind of slid sideways behind the coke machine.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:46:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
I went to a gun show and saw a guy willing to sacrifice his preban Colt AR for the giveaway price of $5000, I did not add an extra zero, and other members here saw it to.

Easily the funniest thing I have ever seen.

$5000 WTF? It wasn't Title II or something? And I thought $2000 was nuts.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:47:56 PM EST
The funniest thing I ever saw having to do with guns was this dumb ass and his two kids fired an SKS so fast and for so long that wood stock actually started catching on fire ..... when he noticed the smoe he says "Gee I thought they used smokeless powder in these things" He is also teh same guy that reported my brothers 10/22T to the FWC officer for being a Silenced weapon... he made several comments while we were shooting about arent silecers illegal I laughed thought he was joking.. 15 minutes after he left the FWC guy showed up wantung to check our guns. we were shooting Aquilla SS in it and it did sound very quiet
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:06:44 PM EST
I picked up some 22 LR ammo from the local Walmart and the clerk asked if it was for a handgun or rifle.
I pointed to the box and said "well the box says 22 Long RIFLE, right?
She looks at the box and said " Oh yeah!".
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:09:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By MTNmyMag:
The funniest thing I ever saw having to do with guns was this dumb ass and his two kids fired an SKS so fast and for so long that wood stock actually started catching on fire ..... when he noticed the smoe he says "Gee I thought they used smokeless powder in these things" He is also teh same guy that reported my brothers 10/22T to the FWC officer for being a Silenced weapon... he made several comments while we were shooting about arent silecers illegal I laughed thought he was joking.. 15 minutes after he left the FWC guy showed up wantung to check our guns. we were shooting Aquilla SS in it and it did sound very quiet

what a fucking pansy, I would have bitch slapped him and told to STFU or risk gettin a beatin
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:10:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 7:16:48 PM EST by repub18]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:11:53 PM EST
Once, I walked down a sidewalk and turned into a gun store! I shit you not!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:13:08 PM EST
i went to wallmart to buy a box of 22magnum...the lady behind the counter pulled out a case of 500 rounds scanned it and said 595 i said damn thats a good price..have anymore back there ...she said yeah 3 more boxes ...heheh 2000 rounds of 22mag for less than 30 bucks....havent been back to that walmart since
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:18:23 PM EST
It real funny to go to a gun shop where they are assholes and ask one by one if the guns are full auto
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:20:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 7:21:55 PM EST by HardShell]
I recently posted this in another (unrelated) thread here but it's a good one, so...

I was in local gun/gunsmith shop years ago when an elderly black gentleman came in & inquired about a .38 in the case. He wanted to make sure it had a "snug" barrel because he'd always heard good things about "snug-nosed" .38s. The owner (a good friend and excellent gunsmith who is no longer with us ) informed him that the gun he was asking about was new, but if he wanted to buy it today he could take it in the back and "snug it down" for him at no extra charge. The man agreed and my friend disappeared into his workshop area in back with the revolver - you wouldn't believe the sounds that came from that shop! Hammering, banging, clanging... he even fired up a power saw & cut on something. Each of us standing around nearly bust a gut trying not to laugh out loud. After a couple of minutes of loud noises, he came back up front, put the gun in the box, and completed the sale with a straight face.

"Yep... I snugged it down real good for you!"
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:22:51 PM EST
We were at a private shoot in Richmond, about 30 of us.

Some , uh, innercity types show up with their chrome plated .32's. They look at my buddy's 7mm rifle and ask "yo, what that be fo?"

He looked back and replied "600 yard head shots"

They turned a shade lighter, packed up and left without firing a shot.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:23:08 PM EST
I was picking up my baby eagle (excellent gun btw) from a gun store in the bad part of baltimore, md. The store was nice, the guys in there were nice and I always stayed as long as I could. Well this particular visit a "homey" came into the store and asked how much they would buy a ruger 9mm for. the dude behind the counter said he would have to see it first. so the dude pulls it out of his back pocket. at this point im thinking "well shit! i hope its not loaded! " sure enough he drops the magazine out and its got live rounds in it. i think "ok, surely theres not one chambered." next thing i know he racks the slide and a live round drops out of the chamber. the guys behind the counter were obviously a little upset as they had their hands on their sidearms. im trying to get done with the paperwork and get the hell out of there. when the dude left the store the guys behind the counter were saying "i hope he has a carry permit" in a sort of sarcastic tone.

not real funny. depends on your perspective

-foxxz
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:26:52 PM EST

Originally Posted By MTNmyMag:
The funniest thing I ever saw having to do with guns was this dumb ass and his two kids fired an SKS so fast and for so long that wood stock actually started catching on fire ..

I did that with a MAK 90 once, the forearm got charred and started to smoke a little.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:27:20 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:29:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By heathen:
I picked up some 22 LR ammo from the local Walmart and the clerk asked if it was for a handgun or rifle.
I pointed to the box and said "well the box says 22 Long RIFLE, right?
She looks at the box and said " Oh yeah!".

A buddy a while back snagged a brick of 22LR ammo for the price of one box, that cheezy bastard. The clerk droid assume the brick was one box when in reality it was 10 boxes.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:33:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By mace:

I went to a gun show and saw a guy willing to sacrifice his preban Colt AR for the giveaway price of $5000, I did not add an extra zero, and other members here saw it to.

Nope, no just a plain old preban carbine, no fun switches or short barrels or anything. What made it really funny was when I asked the guy if he was willing to negotiate, and he told me that he couldn't because he had already cut a thoudand off of his asking price.

I almost just choked myself to death on that one
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:33:31 PM EST
About 3 years ago a flannel shirt clad deer hunter was "sighting in his new rifle he bought for his son". Fired it at 100 yards, not on the paper. Moved target to 75, not on paper. 50 yards, then back to 25. Brings target back to firing line, and all bullets are keyholed at 25 yards! I ask what caliber is the new rifle, he says ".270" . I looked down and picked up several of his shell casings, then look at the ammo on his bench. I had to tell him without snickering that he was shooting .243 in a .270 and how lucky he was to not have pieces of rifle barrel stuck in his brain.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:50:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 7:52:41 PM EST by NYPatriot]

Originally Posted By repub18:

Originally Posted By mace:

Nope, no just a plain old preban carbine, no fun switches or short barrels or anything. What made it really funny was when I asked the guy if he was willing to negotiate, and he told me that he couldn't because he had already cut a thoudand off of his asking price.

I almost just choked myself to death on that one

I guess you guys have thicker skin or a higher tolerance for BS than I do, because stories like this just make me mad!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:55:25 PM EST
NYpatriot-With stories like that you just have to give a sense of humor to the situation. The guy obviously is never going to sell it and that is the funniest part because he has no clue.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:01:59 PM EST
Years ago, my friend and I went to a gun store in downtown Sacramento. We look over a fine Bushmaster A2 type. He buys it. When we get home and open the box, it a parts Frankengun. Talk about "bait and switch"! We were not amused!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:10:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By StormSurge:
Years ago, my friend and I went to a gun store in downtown Sacramento. We look over a fine Bushmaster A2 type. He buys it. When we get home and open the box, it a parts Frankengun. Talk about "bait and switch"! We were not amused!

What did you do?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:15:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By NightWatchman:

What did you do?

+1 yeah really
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:24:05 PM EST
It isn't really a funny story, but here goes.

Throughout my first couple years at college, I had to buy handgun ammo at Wallyworld. They, of course, always ask "are you 21"?

I know they'll card me so I respond with "nope".

They look confused, becaused everyone knows if they ask age, its for legal reasons. So they go on with "I'm sorry, but if you are not 21 we can't....?"

I cut in: "They are for carbines."

"You have 'carbines' in... *looks at boxes on counter*... 9mm, .45, .38 spec, .357 magnum, and .44 magnum??"

"Yep."

"That'll be $xxx".

Worked like a charm. They are sheep I tell ya!

(By the way, the transaction itself is 100% legal. The law says you can't sell ammo that is "only used in handguns". You can get a rifle that shoots 95% of the pistol cals. Hell, AR uppers alone can take 9mm, 45, .50 AE, ... what else? .357 mag lever actions, .44 mag lever actions. etc)

- BG

EDIT: Bah... I thought it was funny

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:27:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 8:32:13 PM EST by repub18]

Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:
It isn't really a funny story, but here goes.

Throughout my first couple years at college, I had to buy handgun ammo at Wallyworld. They, of course, always ask "are you 21"?

I know they'll card me so I respond with "nope".

They look confused, becaused everyone knows if they ask age, its for legal reasons. So they go on with "I'm sorry, but if you are not 21 we can't....?"

I cut in: "They are for carbines."

"You have 'carbines' in... *looks at boxes on counter*... 9mm, .45, .38 spec, .357 magnum, and .44 magnum??"

"Yep."

"That'll be $xxx".

Worked like a charm. They are sheep I tell ya!

(By the way, the transaction itself is 100% legal. The law says you can't sell ammo that is "only used in handguns". You can get a rifle that shoots 95% of the pistol cals. Hell, AR uppers alone can take 9mm, 45, .50 AE, ... what else? .357 mag lever actions, .44 mag lever actions. etc)

- BG

EDIT: Bah... I thought it was funny

actually you violated federal law, you can only purchase handgun ammo under 21 if the specific ammo you are buying is for a rifle you own or are using
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:31:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 8:34:21 PM EST by icantdance]
Some young kid (about 22) walked into a gunshop I knew of with a gun wrapped up in a tee-shirt. It was a PRE-WAR Colt SA, in perfect condition! Said he got it after his Grandfather passed and that's it's been in the family as a hand down. (The kid looked and acted a bit dense to me).

Said he wanted to trade it in for a stainless Baretta. A sudden onslought of murmers could be heard and we all breifly glanced at each other, trying very hard, not to look too dumb.

Well .... the savvy of the shop owner was in his usual colorful way, kind of shrugged his shoulders a bit and said "Holy mackrel, what am I going to do with this?" I fail to see how this kid didn't see everyones eyes just light up like bright lamps as the whole shop fell silent. It was so silent, it was deafening.

There were the usuals in the shop at the time, about 10 of us. And as some might guess, a big mouth is in every crowd.

Just as the shop owner was going to say he'll take an "even swap" ... the (you guessed it) big mouth said to the kid ... "Holy crap! That's a genuine Pre-War Colt! ... You know that's worth over $10,000!!! ... and if I was your Grang-pa, I'd whoop ya for even thinking of trading for it!"

That kid grabbed his gun, wrapped it up and took off! Like warp speed!

Our "friend and buddy" who spouted off remarked he was soooo happy he did that kid a favor. Also remarked that "todays kids are just too dumb" LOL ... Only to be met by a VERY angry glare from the shop owner and a "you screwed up BiG time" glare from the rest of us.

Took him about 2 minutes to ask why everyone was looking at him with that slilent, frozen stare.

Well, we had to explain it to him ... and I never saw a man so apologetic.

So that was the story how the Pre War got away. To think it was so close, for an even swap for a Baretta.

The fella just got too emotional and failed to keep mouth shut. Our friend is the owner of a small bank too.

Figures.

Hope you all found that entertaining ... you had to be there.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:34:40 PM EST
I was at the range a while ago, sitting on the bench waiting for the bell to sound so I could go down range to check my target. I was watching the guy in front of me shoot a Mini-14 and noticed that there were a couple live rounds on the ground...and that the number kept growing. So I watch what the guy's doing when he shoots and I realize that he thinks he's shooting a bolt-action, not a semi-auto and that he's spitting out live rounds every time he "cycles".

I thought it was pretty amusing seeing as how this guy had been so damn cocky when he first got there.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:38:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By GabbasaurusRex:
I was at the range a while ago, sitting on the bench waiting for the bell to sound so I could go down range to check my target. I was watching the guy in front of me shoot a Mini-14 and noticed that there were a couple live rounds on the ground...and that the number kept growing. So I watch what the guy's doing when he shoots and I realize that he thinks he's shooting a bolt-action, not a semi-auto and that he's spitting out live rounds every time he "cycles".

I thought it was pretty amusing seeing as how this guy had been so damn cocky when he first got there.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:44:33 PM EST
I had a buddy go shooting with me one day. He knew next to nothing about guns. We were shooting a KelTec Sub 9 carbine and when he shouldered it, he was contorting his head this way and that way, He shot it, but couldnt hit anything.

He finally told me he was having a hard time looking through the peep sight and lining up the front post. He was moving his head all around and then would move the rifle around, Nothing he did helped.

Then I saw his problem..... He had the wrong eye closed! We still laugh about it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:46:31 PM EST

NO WAY!!! NO ONE is THAT stupid.... Please tell me you are joking
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:47:10 PM EST
Well, theres the Gunshop tactical firearm expert who explained to me that Post ban AR-15's don't accept preban mags because the position of the mag catch was altered on the post bans!

Or the guy who told me and another Law enforcement officer that he shot a whitetail deer at 300 yards with a .357 magnum revolver and dropped it instantly!(Yes i had my boots on that day thank god!)

The guy who started pulling cartridges out of various boxes of ammo and dropping them into the chamber of a used rifle to find out what caliber it was when the counter guy couldn't remember or tell from where he was at!(don't try this at home!) I showed the guy where he could find the caliber stamped on the barrel!

The guy who asked where he could find the Bricks of .22LR when the display was right in front of him with no less than 15 brands of ammo on it!!

The guy who tried to buy a gun without Identification and not wanting to get any but insisting he could buy a gun with no way to check right in front of me a Peace officer with clearly marked I.D. on my hat! Or the one who tried to shoplift a handgun right in front of me under the same circumstances! (I don't think he has been released yet 2 years later!)
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:47:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By DrFrige:

NO WAY!!! NO ONE is THAT stupid.... Please tell me you are joking

I'm not, and I have witnesses. I was trying my hardest not to laugh seeing as how I was right behind the dipshit.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:48:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 8:49:29 PM EST by repub18]
My friend stopped going with me to the range becuase I raged on him all time. I would call him a pansy for not being able to load a mag or chamber a round without me every time. In hindsite I guess I shouldnt have been such a jerk.

I mean come on the guy didnt even know how to pull a trigger without my help
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:49:43 PM EST
I heard a funny (but sad) one last night. A hunter friend of mine was in the field last season and saw another hunter. He asked if he had seen anything moving (elk). The guy said "no, but I had one sound shot earlier". Sound Shot! He couldn't idenfity his target, but shot at a sound.

gee.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:51:09 PM EST
The first time I fired my brand new Glock 17 was about 15 years ago. Until then, I had only shot revolver type handguns. So I'm at the range with my buddy, about to show off my brand new G17. I get into my stance, grip my gun, aim and shoot. Well, because of my grip (instead of my thumbs crossing over, my left hand thumb knuckle was laid accros behind the slide instead) when the slide recoiled, it shaved the skin on my thumb knuckle nearly down to the bone. Gushing blood, I shrugged it off like it was nothing, and from that moment on, never held it incorrectly again.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:53:35 PM EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you do?

He took it back of corse! I was not there, but the store owner said it was "honest mistake".
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:55:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By niceguymr:
The first time I fired my brand new Glock 17 was about 15 years ago. Until then, I had only shot revolver type handguns. So I'm at the range with my buddy, about to show off my brand new G17. I get into my stance, grip my gun, aim and shoot. Well, because of my grip (instead of my thumbs crossing over, my left hand thumb knuckle was laid accros behind the slide instead) when the slide recoiled, it shaved the skin on my thumb knuckle nearly down to the bone. Gushing blood, I shrugged it off like it was nothing, and from that moment on, never held it incorrectly again.

Yeah, slide bite is something most people only do once. I gave myself a nasty slide bite a couple weeks ago when I was doing a press check. I sure as hell won't ever get it again.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:59:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By icantdance:
Some young kid (about 22) walked into a gunshop I knew of with a gun wrapped up in a tee-shirt. It was a PRE-WAR Colt SA, in perfect condition! Said he got it after his Grandfather passed and that's it's been in the family as a hand down. (The kid looked and acted a bit dense to me).

Said he wanted to trade it in for a stainless Baretta. A sudden onslought of murmers could be heard and we all breifly glanced at each other, trying very hard, not to look too dumb.

Well .... the savvy of the shop owner was in his usual colorful way, kind of shrugged his shoulders a bit and said "Holy mackrel, what am I going to do with this?" I fail to see how this kid didn't see everyones eyes just light up like bright lamps as the whole shop fell silent. It was so silent, it was deafening.

There were the usuals in the shop at the time, about 10 of us. And as some might guess, a big mouth is in every crowd.

Just as the shop owner was going to say he'll take an "even swap" ... the (you guessed it) big mouth said to the kid ... "Holy crap! That's a genuine Pre-War Colt! ... You know that's worth over $10,000!!! ... and if I was your Grang-pa, I'd whoop ya for even thinking of trading for it!"

Our "friend and buddy" who spouted off remarked he was soooo happy he did that kid a favor. Also remarked that "todays kids are just too dumb" LOL ... Only to be met by a VERY angry glare from the shop owner and a "you screwed up BiG time" glare from the rest of us.

Took him about 2 minutes to ask why everyone was looking at him with that slilent, frozen stare.

I would have done the same thing - and wouldn't have felt apologetic at all

If I had helped ripped of a (dense) kid for about 10 grand, I sure wouldn't be able to sleep that night.

I guess telling him the truth in someone else's gunstore is a little lame - but I still think that guy did the right thing.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:09:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 9:11:25 PM EST by texastactical]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:09:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Originally Posted By icantdance:

I would have done the same thing - and wouldn't have felt apologetic at all

If I had helped ripped of a (dense) kid for about 10 grand, I sure wouldn't be able to sleep that night.

I guess telling him the truth in someone else's gunstore is a little lame - but I still think that guy did the right thing.

+1

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:12:16 PM EST
I think the funniest incident I've seen happened in basic training at Ft. Leonard Wood. We had finished BRM and were being introduced to the rest of the infantry weapons at a range one day when a big ass deer or elk ran out across the range while we were shooting M-60's. We had been warned not to shoot at wildlife but a few streams of tracers chased after the animal, so they called a cease-fire, we got our asses chewed on and then went back to shooting. Not 5 minutes later one of the guns jammed and a range cadre guy cleared the gun for the soldier squeezed the trigger to make sure of his work and blew the hell out of the deer, this was the same guy who just reamed us about shooting at it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:12:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By texastactical:

Yeah, slide bite is something most people only do once. I gave myself a nasty slide bite a couple weeks ago when I was doing a press check. I sure as hell won't ever get it again.

Can you explain how you did this doing a press check?

I had a blonde moment, as in "don't put your hand where it can be pinched during a press check."

Yeah, I'm embarassed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:14:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 9:15:46 PM EST by texastactical]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:20:12 PM EST
First time I shot my Serbu BFG .50 bmg rifle I was at clark brothers here in VA. I made sure to say something to the guys on either side of me, that this was a big rifle and I dont know what to expect. Both shrugged it off and I sat down and let off the first round.

My dad described it as 2 feet of fire and 12 feet of visable muzzle blast out of both sides of the brake.

Both guys had a stack of targets on the bench. After I shot both piles had been blown all over hell. Both guys packed up and left about 30 seconds later. I dont shoot that crap they sell there anymore.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:21:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By texastactical:
Ok lol, I get it now "pinched" not "slide bite" I hope it wasn't too bad.

It hurt like a bitch for a few minutes. Only one person saw it though; unfortunately it was my boyfriend and he gave me the hardest time about it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:24:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By LHD:
First time I shot my Serbu BFG .50 bmg rifle I was at clark brothers here in VA. I made sure to say something to the guys on either side of me, that this was a big rifle and I dont know what to expect. Both shrugged it off and I sat down and let off the first round.

My dad described it as 2 feet of fire and 12 feet of visable muzzle blast out of both sides of the brake.

Both guys had a stack of targets on the bench. After I shot both piles had been blown all over hell. Both guys packed up and left about 30 seconds later. I dont shoot that crap they sell there anymore.

haha

I find most guys that go to clark bros aren't very tolerant. Hell, I've cleared the place out with my bushmaster and its mini-y. I'd love to see what a .50 did out there..heh.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top