BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2002 10:54:09 PM EDT
Check out Shakira's video, "Wherever, whenever".[:P]
[url]www.shakira.com/video/whereverwheneverfullvid_300.asx[/url]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm just as horny as any other college guy, but these [b]"Look at me!  I'm sexy and beautiful!"[/b] videos are all the same, and she overdoes more than most.

With that said, yes, she's got a nice body (and she flaunts it).

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#2]
She is the one in the new Pepsi commercial? Where the kid shorts out the remote with Pepsi, and she pops out of the TV to steal his Pepsi?

Scott

Link Posted: 4/13/2002 2:15:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll give ya an amen.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:23:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd let her do me....
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:36:14 AM EDT
[#5]
that's a good video, but seeing it day in and day out has made me sick of it. I prefer Ojos asi, or maybe some of the unplugged performances. MAybe it's me, but I like the older vids because she isn't dressed in the "pop star" uniform (bare midriff, skin tight pants) I don't know, but I think it's seeing something different that I liked.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:38:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I have seen this video, and she is lovely and talented indeed.
This lady is a classically trained belly dancer, those moves are not accidental. She uses classic Egyptian dance technique, from her stance to her posture, very recognizable to a trained eye.
Also the halter top she is wearing is a piece of an antique Egyptian fabric known as Asyut, a black net with bits of real silver woven into it in patterns. Much favored by belly dancers the world over.
The nice part is that she can also sing pretty well, and although her dancing may be a bit provocative, she never crosses the line into full-on dirty boogie.
Very artistic, and unoffensive for a sensual video.

Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:45:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Uhh

Ya just what I was going to say Hannah!!

Oh plus to add.....I wouldnt kick her out of bed for eating crackers!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:48:43 AM EDT
[#8]
What Stormbringer said!![:P]

-T.

Edited to add: Thats a pretty cool song too!! Groovy!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:59:25 AM EDT
[#9]
stormbringer
do you know the rest of that line?

Wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers,

look down at your junk and say "would we Crackers?"

hehe
-CK
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
stormbringer
do you know the rest of that line?

Wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers,

look down at your junk and say "would we Crackers?"

hehe
-CK
View Quote

Tear it in half is more like it, but I guess that doesn't work too well, does it?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:15:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This lady is a classically trained belly dancer, those moves are not accidental. She uses classic Egyptian dance technique, from her stance to her posture, very recognizable to a trained eye.
The nice part is that she can also sing pretty well, and although her dancing may be a bit provocative, she never crosses the line into full-on dirty boogie.
Very artistic, and unoffensive for a sensual video.
View Quote

Wow, such knowledge! I wouldn't have known it was belly danging if I hadn't read a biography, but yes, she's been belly dancing her whole life, Her father is lebonese, and she learned it from going to events at a community center.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#12]
The art of belly dance is making highly controlled and isolated hip and body movements look playful and demure, while framing the body widely with extended graceful arm gestures. Posture is critical, and stance must be narrow and close in, to avoid looking "ducky". 3,000 years of technique has evolved the belly dance to a high art form. There are paintings of belly dancers on the walls of the tombs of old Egypt.
If done without technique, these moves can look crude and offensive. When performed correctly, and right ON the music, it is a fascinating ancient art, and offends no one, while amazing all.
Lebanon and Egypt are the centers of the dance worldwide. There is an old saying that "one has to have lived in one's body for at least 35 years to make it truly do what you want."
Thus, the world's best belly dancers can be from 16 on up to ladies in their 50s.
In Cairo, the best of the best have their own 20 piece bands that back then up, and they can make up to $50k a night, like rock stars.
The dance can be performed bare bellied, or completely covered, in long dresses, slit up both sides with a fringey hip band low on their hips.
It is a dance of health, strength, and sensuality that ALL women can learn and enjoy.
It dates back to pharaonic Egypt, and is performed these days by women all over the world.
I was a professional belly dancer and teacher for 20 years, and enjoyed it tremendously.
Compliments to Shakira, she has blended an ancient classic dance into a modern video beautifully.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:53:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe it's just me, but that video is MUCH better with the sound turned off....

She IS a hottie though.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:01:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Shes a hot one alright. I saw her on Jay Leno the other night. One thing that bothers me is "Either go Blonde or go Brunette" not both at the same time. Her hair looked like a rats nest. Other than that its all good.
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:03:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm just as horny as any other college guy, but these [b]"Look at me!  I'm sexy and beautiful!"[/b] videos are all the same, and she overdoes more than most.

[(:|)]
View Quote

What PoliticalScience said.  Mariah Carey is No. 1 for that.  Sure she's hot, but her videos are all, "Look how cute and sexy I am!"  Too much in yer face.

The "art of belly dancing" aside, this chick sure knows how to shake it . . . wouldn't have minded jumping in for "rolling in the mud" sequence.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#17]
She has been popular in Latin America for years, glad she made the jump to American audiences.  Back in the late 90s she did some really cool anti drug TV and radio spots for us in Colombia.  I just hope the worldwide fame and money dont corrupt her. And yes she is a very beautiful woman
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 9:13:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Interesting bit of info, Hannah, thanks.  Now I'm jonesing to see the video again and look for belly dancing in what I thought was just her shakin' her money maker, but with a lot more class than, say, Christina Aguliara(sp?).
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Not that I noticed, but, she's got cute feet; sensational hips; sensuous lips; and that little bit of 'pooch' on her tummy.  Yummy!

She'll look even better after she has kids...[;D]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#21]
OK she is a hottie. I love that song. However here's my analysis of the situation.

1) She has Latina blood. HOT!!! but the majority, not all, majority of latina women get....uhhhhmmmm huge as they get older.
2) With them child bearing hips she's got and did you see the ankles on her. She's gonna be uhhmmmm huge when she gets older. You ankles and hips are just like paws on a puppy. The owner tends to grow into them.

So final analysis. Now is the rihgt time for the picking [sex]. This is definitely a "lease" option type woman. Need to trade in for a new model after lease is up. But you guys are right I wouldn't kick her outta bed for eating crackers. [:P]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
OK she is a hottie. I love that song. However here's my analysis of the situation.

1) She has Latina blood. HOT!!! but the majority, not all, majority of latina women get....uhhhhmmmm huge as they get older.
2) With them child bearing hips she's got and did you see the ankles on her. She's gonna be uhhmmmm huge when she gets older. You ankles and hips are just like paws on a puppy. The owner tends to grow into them.

don't they say that women tend to look like their mothers when they age?
[IMG]http://www.shakiraheaven.com/papas5.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#23]
My connection is too slow which is making the video too choppy. How can I download the video and play it locally to avoid this. The only thing I am able to save is the link and not the actual video.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My connection is too slow which is making the video too choppy. How can I download the video and play it locally to avoid this. The only thing I am able to save is the link and not the actual video.
View Quote

Right click on the link and select "save target as" then select a place in your HD.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Hell with her, Ill take Paulina Rubio or Thalia' over her. Hell Ill even take Alicia Villareal.
GG
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Right click on the link and select "save target as" then select a place in your HD.
View Quote

Doing this only results in saving the link and not the actual video which is strange as I have done this before. Any other suggestions?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top