Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2002 4:22:52 PM EDT
This was the song I was asking you guys about yesterday and everyone kept yelling "Gary Owen, Gary Owen"

But it wasn't Gary Owen, It was Joeseph Mackenzie singing a song he and "Clann an Drumma" wrote and performed for the movie.

This is a great song.  Listen for yourself, click on the link.

[url]http://www.clannandrumma.com/[/url]

or here to listen to the song, just click on the box that says sgt. mackenzie....

[b]The song LYRICS ARE HERE!!!!!:[/b]

[url]http://www.clannandrumma.com/wws-lyrics.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Sat.. You had me trying to figure it out too. Still haven't found any place to listen to the sound track on-line.
Is the song, like, longer on the soundtrack ?
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, for the life of me I coulden't figure out what he was saying.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:41:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I can't find the whole song or the lyrics on the internet either, I believe he just wrote it and the cd (Not the moviesoundtrack) just was released...Clann An Drumma's CD titled "Tried & True".

I ordered it.  After listening to all the samples.  

That song has been in my head since friday.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 2:51:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Order this cd.  Read the lyrics, this is the defining song of our time.  

Link Posted: 3/17/2002 5:26:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Order this cd.  Read the lyrics, this is the defining song of our time.  

View Quote

Interesting concept...a song written about a man who died in WWI, becoming a defining song of [b]our time[/b].  I'd rather think it's a song of bravery, honor, love of country and most importantly - freedom.  

"I wrote the song as a tribute to him and all soldiers who have given up their lives so that we can live free," says great-grandson Joe Kilna MacKenzie.

[b][blue]Freedom[/b][/blue] inspires men and transcends time.  What irony it is that the cost of freedom is usually measured in deaths.

Jim
[/musing and rambling]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top