10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/15/2005 8:13:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 9:44:57 AM EDT by palmer]
POSTED: 6:50 am EDT September 15, 2005
UPDATED: 11:56 am EDT September 15, 2005

Hundreds of sex offenders in Central Florida who say new laws restricting where they can live and work are not only unfair but also unconstitutional are expected to rally in Palm Bay, Fla., Thursday night.

New laws in many Central Florida cities limit where convicted sex offenders can live and work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORE: Sex Offenders In Your Neighborhood?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sex offenders who plan to rally said they have paid their debt to society and should be allowed to live and travel freely. They said the laws concerning sex offenders not only affect them but also their children and family members.

The rally begins Thursday night at 4 p.m., at the American Legion Post 117 just hours before the Palm Bay City Council meets to consider imposing new restrictions on sex offenders.

On the City Council's agenda will be whether to hold employers responsible for overseeing registered sex offenders if their job takes them around children.

The city's other option is to follow the lead of other cities and widen the circle in which sex offenders are prohibited from living.

However, if the city bans offenders from living within 2,500 feet of a place where children congregate, they would be barred throughout Palm Bay.

Speakers at the sex offender rally will include treatment therapists, family members and possibly even children of registered sex offenders.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

STORY

WTF?!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:15:07 AM EDT
target rich environment.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:16:05 AM EDT
As I have said before, when you are released from prison, ALL rights should be restored.

The alternative is to not be released from prison.

Either you're capable of being a full citizen, or not.

Lock 'em back up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:16:47 AM EDT
Hey, rocks need breaking out in the country. They can live/work out there.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:17:05 AM EDT
their
there
they're
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:17:25 AM EDT
its Their, not There
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:18:39 AM EDT
Oh hell yeah, gather them all in one place.

shooter
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:18:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TwoTwentyThree:
its Their, not There

Where?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:19:25 AM EDT
Not that I want to sound like I'm sticking up for sex offenders, but it's really become a witch hunt. Some of those guys would more properly have been charged with "public urination", something we all did at college beer blasts or whatever.

I guess I'm touchy about it because during a very ugly divorce my ex tried hard to convince the court that I was molesting our daughter. The kid was only 6, and she had to get a physical exam and all before it was over. I can't begin to describe to you how ugly the process was, and if she'd been successful, the rest of my life would have been a humiliating nightmare.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:19:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ArmedAggie:

its Their, not There

Where?

Who?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:20:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hardcorps1775:
their
there
they're

It's all the same to some!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:21:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Rodent:
Not that I want to sound like I'm sticking up for sex offenders, but it's really become a witch hunt. Some of those guys would more properly have been charged with "public urination", something we all did at college beer blasts or whatever.

uh oh, here come the public urinator apologists...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:21:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hellhound:

Originally Posted By ArmedAggie:

its Their, not There

Where?

Who?

No no no, Who's on first...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:26:03 AM EDT
First THERE were the spelling nazis, now gramm-or nazis, grate!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:27:45 AM EDT
Three cheers for NAMBLA!

Hip-hip-horaay!!

Oh, wait. NAMBLA bad!

Booooo!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:40:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By efpeter:
Three cheers for NAMBLA!

Hip-hip-horaay!!

I hereby nominate you for "Best out of context and most damaging quote on Arfcom this year"
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:44:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By macman37:

Originally Posted By efpeter:
Three cheers for NAMBLA!

Hip-hip-horaay!!

I hereby nominate you for "Best out of context and most damaging quote on Arfcom this year"

Considering the user name, it may well have been in context.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:54:22 AM EDT
A 4.0 Honor Roll student who has helped retarded kids her whole time through out high school is a sex offender in Florida.

A man who has lived with the same woman and has 4 kids is a sex offender in Florida.

They were both arrested, charged and convicted of the same thing.

They were arrested for urinating outside.

I do not blame them one bit for wanting to protest.

Now the others....they can go pound sand.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:55:17 AM EDT

NAMBLA

North American Marlon Brando Look Alike assoc.?

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:57:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
A 4.0 Honor Roll student who has helped retarded kids her whole time through out high school is a sex offender in Florida.

A man who has lived with the same woman and has 4 kids is a sex offender in Florida.

Sounds like the law needs to be changed so that public urination doesn't make one a sex offender.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:01:31 AM EDT
The "lable" should fit the crime Public Urination should not be a sex offence. It should be limited to simly rape/molestation. Other 'offences' shuold be labled differently.

But real sex offenders should get the death penalty.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:02:00 AM EDT

As I have said before, when you are released from prison, ALL rights should be restored.

Lock 'em back up

Agreed! Unless it was a extremely heinous crime, they did the crime then they did the time. Let them be. I know around here Metro PD and all the media keep hounding the shit out of some of these guys and one day it is going to have grave consequences.
BTW: For those of you who do not know the difference. A sex offender doesnt mean the same thing as a child molester. I know most people want to put every sex offender in the same category but they dont belong there. There is sometimes a difference.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:03:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By arowneragain:

Lock 'em back up.

I agree. Either they're in prison, on parole, or out of the system. This half in half out crap can come back and bite everyone in the ass.

For those of you upset with this, lobby to make these crimes life sentances.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:04:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:

How the fuck does outside urination become a fucking sex crime? That's just plain bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:07:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By palmer:
Central Fla. Sex Offenders Rally For Rights

Hundreds of sex offenders in Central Florida who say new laws restricting where they can live and work are not only unfair but also unconstitutional are expected to rally in Palm Bay, Fla., Thursday night.

New laws in many Central Florida cities limit where convicted sex offenders can live and work.

Sex offenders who plan to rally said they have paid their debt to society and should be allowed to live and travel freely. They said the laws concerning sex offenders not only affect them but also their children and family members.

The rally begins Thursday night at 4 p.m., at the American Legion Post 117 just hours before the Palm Bay City Council meets to consider imposing new restrictions on sex offenders.

On the City Council's agenda will be whether to hold employers responsible for overseeing registered sex offenders if their job takes them around children.

The city's other option is to follow the lead of other cities and widen the circle in which sex offenders are prohibited from living.

However, if the city bans offenders from living within 2,500 feet of a place where children congregate, they would be barred throughout Palm Bay.

Speakers at the sex offender rally will include treatment therapists, family members and possibly even children of registered sex offenders.

STORY

WTF?!

Sex offenders plan to protest for THEIR rights.

I saw a bird over there.

They're a bunch of cowboys.

The SWAT team wouldn't let me play with their guns.

For the life of me I cannot understand why there/their/they're is so hard for people to keep track of. People mess it up all the time. It's worse than it is with it's/its.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:09:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tannim:
How the fuck does outside urination become a fucking sex crime? That's just plain bullshit.

And not many days go by when I'm not guilty of it.

Rodent the Felon
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:15:40 AM EDT
When and where is this rally? I be there shoulder to shoulder with my brothers protesting for my rights! After all, us panty sniffers are people too you know! Loving Boys has been around since the time of the Romans, and Love should'nt be a crime!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:16:47 AM EDT

Lock 'em back up.

I agree except for your last sentence. If they were not condemmed to life in prison by the court, then when they are released, they should get all their rights back, and not screwed over by "opinions" by doctors or "officials" or "boards" because it is judged that they still pose a danger. (Like in some states where its theoretically possible to spend life in prison from a 2 year prison sentence, because upon the end of your court-assigned time, you have to pass a review board, or so I'm told. But this is the middle of my night, and my brain is fried, so I could easily just be making this up as I go along and only think I've heard it)

And yes, I'm OK with people who have been convicted of felonies and who have served their full sentence, being allowed to vote and own (AND CARRY) guns.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:17:29 AM EDT
They should be forced to live in shame.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:18:41 AM EDT

WHY?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:18:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:
I saw a bird over there.

For the life of me I cannot understand why there/their/they're is so hard for people to keep track of. People mess it up all the time. It's worse than it is with it's/its.

I think this is the first time we've ever agreed on something

How do you feel about your and you're ?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:20:58 AM EDT
i say get them in once place, round them up and take them out west where they can re-enact indian buffalo hunts where they can be the buffalos and the indians can demonstrate the proper use of a buffalo jump.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:22:51 AM EDT

I saw a bird over there.

I think this is the first time we've ever agreed on something

How do you feel about your and you're ?

well, the correct form of that is "yer"

The only one I mix up is its/it's, and I feel bad whenever I do. Damn Mrs. Kennedy's 7th grade grammar class! I seriously still feel like I'm going to be harshly scolded if I get it wrong.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:24:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 9:28:10 AM EDT by t-stox]
Holy shit look at all those stories!! Florida must be one fucked up state. Children abused, immigrants beaten to death, rapist Saliva, no wonder Fla. wanted CCW back in '88.

ETA:

The only one I mix up is its/it's, and I feel bad whenever I do.

well "It's" is a contraction of 'it is' so use it in that context.
'its' is a form of possession like "put its food on the floor"

The more you know............
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:30:37 AM EDT

I guess I'm touchy about it because during a very ugly divorce my ex tried hard to convince the court that I was molesting our daughter. The kid was only 6, and she had to get a physical exam and all before it was over. I can't begin to describe to you how ugly the process was, and if she'd been successful, the rest of my life would have been a humiliating nightmare.

I'm with Rodent on this one. This whole punish people twice thing is such a bad idea, and you can sure as hell bet as soon as its OK to do this to sex offenders, they'll begin on the next group of "bad" people. Either they've served their time, and they are citizens again, or they shouldn't be let out in the first place, but this court of public opinion shit has to stop before it gets out of control.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:38:47 AM EDT

Central Fla. Sex Offenders Rally For Rights

STORY

WTF?!

Sex offenders plan to protest for THEIR rights.

I saw a bird over there.

Fuck off J/O. I'm not writing a fucking novel. Get the fuck over it!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:42:05 AM EDT
They lost their rights when they comitted the crime. Do inmates have any merrit to protest being locked up claiming its violiating their rights?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:44:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By tesnevo:

WHY?

For one thing, all those people are not public urinators. They are men who have at some point but their dick/hands/foreign object where it does not belong.

For that reason, I believe the public should be empowered to say, "We know what you are" to these creeps. Sex offenders have no right to continue to prey unabated.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:45:05 AM EDT
LOL, grammar Nazis.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:51:29 AM EDT

There is always time for proper grammar.

"Fuck off", by the way, is a sentence fragment.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:12:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 10:17:47 AM EDT by palmer]

And ARFCOM is the proper time? I'll say again, get over it.

Hmmm, lets see.........

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:20:00 AM EDT
as mark douglas, one of the founders of the FBI's behavioral sciences unit, once wrote, the problem with sex offenders is that their motivations will never feel wrong to them, and therefore simple incarceration will not change the root motive.

take the guy who is sexually attracted to children. while he may be taught that his behavior is unacceptable in society, he will never be rid of that drive to sexually obtain those kids. this is why sex offenders have such an enormous rate of recidivism.

so the idea that they have paid their debt to society has to be balanced against the overwhelming odds that they will victimize someone else. as far as i'm concerned, they gave up their rights for life when they chose to commit the act.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:28:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sirensong:
as mark douglas, one of the founders of the FBI's behavioral sciences unit, once wrote, the problem with sex offenders is that their motivations will never feel wrong to them, and therefore simple incarceration will not change the root motive.

take the guy who is sexually attracted to children. while he may be taught that his behavior is unacceptable in society, he will never be rid of that drive to sexually obtain those kids. this is why sex offenders have such an enormous rate of recidivism.

so the idea that they have paid their debt to society has to be balanced against the overwhelming odds that they will victimize someone else. as far as i'm concerned, they gave up their rights for life when they chose to commit the act.

Touch a kid and your dead in my eyes. The words drawn and quartered come to mind.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:01:03 AM EDT

Touch a kid and your dead in my eyes.

"Your" is possessive. "You're" is a contraction of "you" and "are".

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:02:28 AM EDT
A bunch of sex offenders? All packed in tight?
Break out the commando vault!

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:07:08 AM EDT

I believe that the subject is understood to be 'you'

as in "You, fuck off."
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:17:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Only_Hits_Count:

I believe that the subject is understood to be 'you'

as in "You, fuck off."

this is gramatically correct. referred to as the imperative, if i'm not mistaken.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:21:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tesnevo:

WHY?

For one thing, all those people are not public urinators. They are men who have at some point but their dick/hands/foreign object where it does not belong.

For that reason, I believe the public should be empowered to say, "We know what you are" to these creeps. Sex offenders have no right to continue to prey unabated.

Oh. So every one that has done something inappropriate like this is condemned for the rest of their life. What about the DUI man who killed someone. Why don't we know his every move. He is more a threat to my family than some adult that might of touched some other adult inappropriately. You know that smacking a woman on the ass can get you a Sexual Battery charge her in TN and most other states as well. Now is that person a threat to society? Does he need to be singled out for the rest of his life. I don't think so.
I wonder how many people have done that and never got charged with the crime? There are several degrees of Sexual charges that a person can get. Why do you and alot of society want to lump them all in one group? Is the person who buys drugs the same threat to the public as the person who sells it ?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:26:18 PM EDT

tinypic.com/dp8x7d.jpg

can I get that on a t-shirt??????
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:28:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 12:30:51 PM EDT by tesnevo]

Once again a generalization of all sex offenders. I agree that the ones who molest and or rape have the propensity to repeat their actions. But not all sex crimes are the same. Not all murder crimes are the same. Not all drug crimes are the same. A person who breaks the law once has as good of a chance to do it again as they have to not do it again. I just don't think that it is as simple as saying that all deserve to be treated with the same disregard as the child molesters and rapists.

BTW: My college major was Psychology. And my major course study was the criminal mind pertaining to sexual behavior.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:50:43 PM EDT

Lock 'em back up.

I wish it were tha simple... but nothing is ever that black & white. Sex Offenders are eighteen shades of fucked up in the head. Instead of changing the laws that apply to them getting out, they should change the laws applying to them staying in prison only long enough to get ass raped as many times as they did it to someone else... then torch them alive.

I understand your arguement though. I suspect they probably wouldn't be making such a fuss about it if they didn't plan on doing it again as soon as they got out of prison. But with the extra bright spotlight on them it's harder for the to get back to the only thing their sick asses can.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top