Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2001 10:08:41 AM EST
I'm trying to set up Outllok Express (Version 5.02 for Macintosh) to retreive email from my AR15.Com Mail account and can't seem to get it to work. I keep getting this error message:
The server returned the following error Invalid command; valid commands: USER, QUITCheck the username/password or security settings.
View Quote
I'm new to using Outlook but I'm sure I have the settings right, or do I? Account Name= Princeton Personal Info = Princeton Email Address= princeton@AR15.Com Acct ID= Princeton POP Server= mail (I have it checked off to always use secure password) SMTP Server= mail (I have it checked off for - SMPT Server Requires Authentification) Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 2:17:24 PM EST
I don't use OLE or the AR15.com mail, but usually you have to change the POP & SMTP servers to an actual machine like "mail.AR15.com". "mail" would generally be interpreted as a machine on your local network. --MiKE
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 2:41:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By Princeton: I'm trying to set up Outllok Express (Version 5.02 for Macintosh) to retreive email from my AR15.Com Mail account and can't seem to get it to work. I keep getting this error message:
The server returned the following error Invalid command; valid commands: USER, QUITCheck the username/password or security settings.
View Quote
Mike is right. You have your mail server names wrong. I don't have an AR15.com account but I'm sure they have a help section which would have the names of the servers. Good Luck! I'm new to using Outlook but I'm sure I have the settings right, or do I? Account Name= Princeton Personal Info = Princeton Email Address= princeton@AR15.Com Acct ID= Princeton POP Server= mail (I have it checked off to always use secure password) SMTP Server= mail (I have it checked off for - SMPT Server Requires Authentification) Am I missing something?[/quo
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 3:54:52 PM EST
Thanks Guys! Changing the server info to "mail.ar15.com" did the trick. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:47:53 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 5:21:26 PM EST
I just wussed out and had it forward the mail to my regular addresses.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 4:37:41 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 7:30:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/20/2001 7:32:22 AM EST by fight4yourrights]
Okay, I got it working. Also, I figured out how to send a specific message using a specific account. Nice feature. I had just planned on using the web browser mail if I wanted to send from my ar15.com account, this will be much easier.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 8:50:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/28/2001 8:46:20 PM EST by RBAD]
More Answers.... [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=40540[/url]
Top Top