Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2002 8:24:53 AM EDT
Was walking past one of those armed services recruiting offices that you find at various shopping malls around the country this past weekend and wondered...

Would they have need for a 37y.o., single, healthy, fit, computer engineer?

I have a BS in Computer Sci and have a remarkable aptitude for innovation/engineering. I often think I missed my calling to enter the Army Corps of Engineers.

As I realize that I'm past the age cutoff, I would venture to guess my only option would be to find a civilian contractor and pitch in there.

Just wondering if I may be unaware of an opportunity somewhere.

TIA,
--LS
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#1]
See your local Navy Officer Recruiter (if you have a 4 year degree) The cut off for Naval Intelligence officers is 37. Or so I was told by a Naval Officer recruiter at a job fair a couple of years ago. I'm a cop. The job fair was at the city civic center and I was working an off duty job there. The recruiter engaged me in conversation and was trying to recruit me. I already did 8 years and I basically told him thanks but no thanks. I had always thought the cut off age was much lower for officers but apparently different branches in each service have different cut offs. Ask the recruiters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top