Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/8/2005 11:46:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:48:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Ummmm, yeah.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:00:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I had no idea what "Firefly" was until about a month ago when SciFi started showing it Friday nights.  I guess I was deployed when it came out the first time.  Pretty good show though, and if the movie is anything like it, it will be good as well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:17:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I never really got into firefly the first time around, saw it on the sci fi reruns and started to like it.   I'll see the movie myself but dont have high expectations.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:23:44 AM EDT
[#4]
WTF IS SERENITY?  I WANT IT NOW!

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:24:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the show, it's entertaining.  That is all I expect from the movie as well.  I try not to get too "deep" with science fiction.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll just add my "hell yeah" that I've put into every thread about Firefly and Serenity I've seen on this site.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Does the Pope shit in the woods?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Is the bear Catholic?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It's a movie based on a show Fox ran and then canceled after 1 season...

Basically, take Star Wars from Han Solo's perspective, and mix in a world where space travel exists, but people still ride horses & carry 20th century weapons.... One episode had the crew smuggling cattle between planets...

It's a 'Space Western' for all practical purposes...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:13:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Basically, take Star Wars from Han Solo's perspective, and mix in a world where space travel exists, but people still ride horses & carry 20th century weapons.... One episode had the crew smuggling cattle between planets...

He knows, he was making a "Seinfeld" reference. In one episode, George's father would scream "SERENITY NOW!" to calm himself when he was upset, it was something he read in aself-help book or something.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He knows, he was making a "Seinfeld" reference. In one episode, George's father would scream "SERENITY NOW!" to calm himself when he was upset, it was something he read in aself-help book or something.

I read they were originally going to call the movie version of Firefly "HOOCHIE MAMA!!!"
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes.  I'm was a fan of the TV series.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:04:07 PM EDT
[#13]
never got into the series
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I’ll be going to see it the day it hits major release (Sept. 30th). What I want to know is how the hell are so many people watching it already? On IMDB, it has over 2000 votes!! It’s got an 8.6 overall rating so far which is extremely good and would probably put it in the top 50 or maybe top 25 if it holds.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I’ll be going to see it the day it hits major release (Sept. 30th). What I want to know is how the hell are so many people watching it already? On IMDB, it has over 2000 votes!! It’s got an 8.6 overall rating so far which is extremely good and would probably put it in the top 50 or maybe top 25 if it holds.

They had a shitload of pre-screenings for "test audiences". Wanna know who dies?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They had a shitload of pre-screenings for "test audiences". Wanna know who dies?

NO!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Wanna know who dies?

NO!

OK, I'll tell you anyway...

>>>>> SPOILERS BELOW <<<<<<

In one of he gun fight scenes the Alliance soldiers kill
The looter.

just kidding
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wanna know who dies?

NO!

OK, I'll tell you anyway...

>>>>> SPOILERS BELOW <<<<<<

In one of he gun fight scenes the Alliance soldiers kill
The looter.
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050830/capt.ladm10908301723.hurricane_katrina_ladm109.jpg

just kidding

BASTARD!!!

OK, seriously, who dies??

Merlin
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Merlin

How the hell should I know?
Ok, well I do know, actually, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone. Trust me, once you know you'll wish you didn't.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Merlin

How the hell should I know?
Ok, well I do know, actually, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone. Trust me, once you know you'll wish you didn't.

Uh oh.  I'll wait then.

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Uh oh.  I'll wait then.
Thanks,
Merlin

I would be like going to Star Wars Empire Strikes Back already knowing Darth Vadar is Luke's father.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Uh oh.  I'll wait then.
Thanks,
Merlin

I would be like going to Star Wars Empire Strikes Back already knowing Darth Vadar is Luke's father.

He's WHAT!?!??!

You ruined iiiiiiiiit!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
He's WHAT!?!??! You ruined iiiiiiiiit!

Oh crap. Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:39:10 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He's WHAT!?!??! You ruined iiiiiiiiit!

Oh crap. Sorry.

Don't worry about it.  I told him it wasn't going to get any cheaper than the five dollar bin a Walmart, but he insisted on waiting for the price to drop.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I did my homework, watched the tv series on DVD last month.  Even saw a promo for it on tv already!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I did my homework, watched the tv series on DVD last month.  Even saw a promo for it on tv already!

If you haven't watched both previews you need to do that NOW!!

Click here
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#27]
One of the few movies I actually want to go see.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#28]
The timing of the reruns is a bit off. I would think they would time the last episode to coincide with the opening of the movie.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#29]
This is one unfortunately named film.  Was "Depend" already taken?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#30]
If anyone is interested... and you are curious about some of the music from the first trailer:

Click here

and if someone else happens to have these two songs or the albums they're on and would like to either share them with us or pass on a reliable bittorrent where they can be downloaded it would be appreciated.

If you have the songs but no way of passing them on e-mail them to me and I'll host them for a couple days off my site so people can pull them down.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Less than 24 hours.

At this point I'm kind of glad I waited and didn't see a pre-screening. I don't think I could handle a theater filled with freaks and geek fans of this show/movie. I'll be much happier seeing it tomorro and being almost the only on in the theater.

Watched all the previews on the web page. Pretty awesome.

Only thing I'm worried about it it seems like Jayne talks different... more like Adam Baldwin in othe rmovies than like he talked in the series. Guess we'll see.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#32]
yep, hope its as good as the TV series.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:30:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Hells ya.  I am hoping for a midnight showing, but doesn't look like I'll be that lucky.  my weekend nights work shift will mean I'llhave to wait till next week to see it!  Argh.  I've watched the DVDs probably 6 times since picking them up last May...
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:09:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Got my ticket for 11am show at Muvico. I'm all goosey just thinking about it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:45:29 AM EDT
[#35]
I'll have to wait till I get back from hunting to see it.   At least Weds or Thu probably next week
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Going today after work!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#37]
the pilot guy gets killed near the end, so does the shepard guy, and I think one other I can't remember.

WARNING: The above comment is a spoiler ... if you don't want to find out who dies in the movie, don't read it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#38]
thanks for the spoiler, dumbass  

either edit your post or get the title of the thread to read spoiler

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
thanks for the spoiler, dumbass  

A dumbass is someone who doesn't want to know about the plot of a movie before seeing it, yet feels compelled to read threads about it on a discussion board.

either edit your post ...

ok
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Red_Beard: That's just mean man... plain mean. And I laughed when Iread it... only because I already saw it.

Saw it early this afternoon. FUCKING AWESOME!!!! No other way to describe it.

It didn't seem too rushed through, but it wasn't quite the same pace that the show tends to follow. WAYYYYY more action in the movie than the show.

The way Mal sets up the big battle scene was awesome. I never would have figured that out from the previews.

Characters that died really sucked. Totally is going to throw off any follow-up movies or shows for me. But it's a good sign of realism when the crew is always taking such a considerable beating or even getting killed. I almost prefer that to have the crew miraculously always come out completely un scathed from a battle where everyone else has been killed.

The ship took a beating too. Man... I was expecting them to have to go back to the ship shopping mall and buy a whole new one.

I definitely plan on seeing it again.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#41]
I saw it Monday. It rocked.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Walked to the theater and saw it today, it was great.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#43]
best move I've seen in a long ass time. I loved the luring into the battle part, I didn't realize it was going to happen until right when they opened fire! Then I was like "OH NO HE DIDN'T!" and snapped my fingers.

I think they did kill off too many characters though. Kinda sad. I wanted to know more about the shepard. and about the guys with the blue gloves. I hope there's a sequel and a new series!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:18:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Just got back from seeing Serenity. Wow, just wow. I was entertained the whole way through. Good use of humor, but at the same time the drama and action were spot on too. A lot of things are revealed in the movie, like how the Alliance came to be, and a lot of the back story we never got to learn about, at least of River's background. I kind of knew that Book was going to die, but Wash really blew me away. Still can't believe he got killed. I actually thought that they all were going to die, but luckily they didn't. River kicked ass.

A couple of unanswered questions though: like why was River taught to fight? Who was she going to fight? Who are the Blue Hands Men? Who was the Shepherd, really?

I really hope they make the other two movies though. I can't wait to see them already.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#45]
I think Book may have,at one time, been an agent similar to the guy in the movie.  Sucks that we may never really find out though.  I thought the movie rocked hard core.  I will miss Wash in any sequals or shows though.  I liked the comic dynamic between him and Zoe and Mal.  Bout time Kaily (sp?) got her some.  Poor girl was running out of batteries.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Good movie and well worth the money.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:49:21 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I think Book may have,at one time, been an agent similar to the guy in the movie.  Sucks that we may never really find out though.

I thought the same thing in that last bit of dialogue between him and Mal. I'm thinking he was an operative who saw the evil of his ways the same way the operative hunting River did. He chose to repent by becoming a shepherd.

I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal that a little more in a sequel.

I didn't see his death coming. I knew about Wash from spoilers, but I was actually beginning to think they changed it due to fans disappointment and killed off Book instead. Guess not.

It reminded me of how Trinity was killed in Matrix 3.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:53:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Will someone not exposed to firefly get it?

The family hasnt watched the show.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:13:32 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Hard to say... the way they go see the Shepherd and are very familiar with him may seem like you missed something.

I think just the dynamic between the characters will be somewhat lost if you haven't had the build-up of the series. The way they interact with one another can't be slapped together in two hours. It might seem almost contrived that way.

Honestly I think this movie is for Firefly fans. It's not one of those movie where they rehash everything that's happened in previous iterations of it in order to avoid alienating non-fans. They pretty much get right into it and don't waste time with catering to people who didn't watch the show.

That might put this movie at a disadvantage come time for talks of a sequel. Personally I think it's great the way it's been made FOR the fans.

In short... make your family watch the series.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I think they will get it to the point of being satisfied. Afterwards you'll be hungry for more and will want to watch the series.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top