Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 8:57:19 PM EST
Has anyone ever shot one of these shotguns 6.5in barrel based on a mossberg, transfered as AOW. I was just wondering about effectiveness on a shotgun with such a short barrel. I posted this on the shotgun forum and have gotten replies that say that the shot shells need a longer barrel to achieve high velocity which I dont doubt its true, but i was just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with this shotgun or any shotgun with a really short barrel.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:42:56 AM EST
It's a pretty brutal weapon in the 12ga version. I'd go for the 20ga if I was buying one for protection. It would make a good very close quarters shotgun or if you had to ward off a crowd or gang. I've heard folks refer to it as a good motel gun. Serbu sold a bunch to the military to use as a breaching weapon. I can tell you that the 12ga versions that I have shot are brutal, 3 rounds and you've had enough.

The velocity suffers but with a properly made barrel and forcing cone, it remains effective. Simply cutting down a shotgun will yeild marginal results since the forcing cone is often removed. HTH
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:25:51 AM EST
I have shot one, and after shooting the 3 total rnds that it holds you will feel like it is time to put it away.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:39:53 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:53:36 AM EST
I have shot 11 inch entry guns (qualification) 12 g.

I see no real advantage to them, in fact I disliked them, they will remove fingers if your not on your toes, plus they bring that god awful muzzle blast closer, and the fireball at night is a nightmare, all in all I preferred the 18 inch model guns. They worked just fine.
Top Top