Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2004 9:57:19 PM EDT
Has anyone ever shot one of these shotguns 6.5in barrel based on a mossberg, transfered as AOW.  I was just wondering about effectiveness on a shotgun with such a short barrel.  I posted this on the shotgun forum and have gotten replies that say that the shot shells need a longer barrel to achieve high velocity which I dont doubt its true, but i was just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with this shotgun or any shotgun with a really short barrel.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:42:56 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a pretty brutal weapon in the 12ga version. I'd go for the 20ga if I was buying one for protection. It would make a good very close quarters shotgun or if you had to ward off a crowd or gang. I've heard folks refer to it as a good motel gun. Serbu sold a bunch to the military to use as a breaching weapon. I can tell you that the 12ga versions that I have shot are brutal, 3 rounds and you've had enough.

The velocity suffers but with a properly made barrel and forcing cone, it remains effective. Simply cutting down a shotgun will yeild marginal results since the forcing cone is often removed. HTH
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I have shot one, and after shooting the 3 total rnds that it holds you will feel like it is time to put it away.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I have shot 11 inch entry guns (qualification) 12 g.

I see no real advantage to them, in fact I disliked them, they will remove fingers if your not on your toes, plus they bring that god awful muzzle blast closer, and the fireball at night is a nightmare, all in all I preferred the 18 inch model guns. They worked just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top