[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]
wow, 9 years ago.      

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Won't be that tough of a day for me.

9/11 was a tragedy but I didn't know anyone who died in it.

<Typical post from banned idiot Oneiros––now locked again.  ––tbk1>
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#4]
There goes my Koran-burning thread
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]

I remember it like it was yesterday.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Never forget
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe you should just lock GD out of respect.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#10]
NEVER FORGET!

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I will never forget.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#12]
9/11/01

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I still don't understand why helicopters weren't picking people off the top of the buildings.      

Anybody know why?

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone remember exactly where they were and what they were doing, when they heard the first report?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:04:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Please don't ban me
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok..

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I still don't understand why helicopters weren't picking people off the top of the buildings.      

Anybody know why?

vmax84

Probably were afraid of getting swarmed and taken down...that's all I can figure.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:06:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tomorrow is going to be a VERY tough day for all of us, but it will be much, much worse for those who were directly affected by the murderous hands of worthless coward radicals.

In view of the events and out of respect for those most affected -and we have many who are members in the site- i am going to ask you to keep any ill advised threads from being posted. Keep a positive attitude tomorrow and honor those who died, were orphaned, widowed, etc..........but please do not pour fuel into the fire.

You know what I mean, so please THINK before you post!

In.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Does anyone remember exactly where they were and what they were doing, when they heard the first report?

I was in school...... Middle school Stupid fuckin teacher wouldnt let us watch the news all day so were all like WTF happend?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#22]
9 years

Hard to believe.

ETA

I remember exactly what I was doing.  Headed back to the office after a yard walkaround inspection.

Secretary opened the back door and shouted that a plane had just hit one of the WTC towers.  I ran inside and dragged out the tv that i use for safety meetings.  Got the rabbit ears connected and we watched it all day.

When the second plane hit I announced it over the yard two way radio so all my employees would know at least what I knew.

I remember crying.  I remember my girlfriend (now wife) calling me and we talked for 45 minutes just talking to kind of be close.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#23]
the day that fire fighters and ems workers past and present like me lost 343 family members.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Tough day tomorrow for all of us.   I can't imagine having been personally affected by the events 9 years ago tomorrow.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#25]
thanks, I was starting to forget
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Anybody know why?

vmax84

Probably were afraid of getting swarmed and taken down...that's all I can figure.

I always figured it was because of some wicked thermals.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:09:00 PM EDT
[#28]
I was an eyewitness; I can never forget seeing the thousands of victims murdered  that day.

My daughter attended 23 funerals for her friends or parents of friends.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I was in shop class, in high school.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I was still in bed. My girlfriend was the VP of a bank and she called and asked me to turn on my TV and see what was going on because they heard a plane had crashed into the WTC. They didn't know it was commercial airliner at the time. Just a plane.

I turned it on to the Today show about the time the second plane hit.

I couldn't tell if it was live or just a few seconds later. It was close either way.

I told her right then that we were going to war.

I get pissed just thinking about it now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#34]
If you aren't angry, you aren't paying attention.

A sincere thank you to everyone who serves in our Armed Forces.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:10:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I was an eyewitness; I can never forget seeing the thousands of victims murdered  that day.

My daughter attended 23 funerals for her friends or parents of friends.

I can't imagine that.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Anybody know why?

I think part of it was that there was so much stuff on the roofs there wasn't any room to land.
One of the documentaries has footage from a helicopter around rooftop level...lots of smoke too.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Never Forget...
A year ago today, our country, our brothers, our way of life was attacked. The coward Osama Bin Laden launched a devastating attack on the world as his followers crashed airplanes into the sides of the World Trade Center towers and the Pentagon.

In an effort to strike fear into our hearts, they only managed to strengthen our resolve and bring us closer together. We must never let down our guard again, we must never lose faith in each other, and we must never again allow people of this nature to live in peace. If we've learned one thing from the horrifying moments of September 11, 2001 it is that UNITED we stand stronger, prouder, and unafraid.

We here at AR15.Com want to send a special thank you to our brothers in the armed forces, police departments, fire departments, and the medical community. (As well as all those who helped at the NYC and DC sites.) We also wish to thank every single person who took the attack to heart and changed that day for the better.

TOGETHER we can right the wrongs of the world and TOGETHER we can put an end to those who would threaten the lives and freedoms of others.

NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE
 :: 9/11/2002 1:07:37 PM ::
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I was sound asleep in the sleeper of my truck at the hunts point market in the Bronx, NY.

drove in that night and I was commenting to my co-driver on how cool the NYC skyline looked all lit up on a clear night.

I woke up as my co-driver was trying to leave the market and one of the
yard jockeys was telling him that we couldn't go anywhere because the
bridges and the highways were closed.  this was about the time that the
second tower collapsed.
spent the next few hours on the phone with family so they wouldn't worry
and with dispatch trying to figure out where we were supposed to go.  
also trying to get a TV station to some in so we could figure out what
the hell was going on.  dispatch finally decided so send us to Jersey
City to pick up a trailer.  we had to go all the way up to the Tappan
Zee bridge to get across because everything around Manhattan was closed.
 finally got down the Jersey side and one thing I remember quite well
was that the jersey turnpike was deserted.  all we could see from where
the towers were was the big cloud of yellow smoke.  we couldn't get to
jersey city because everything east of the turnpike was completely shut
down to all traffic except emergency vehicles.  dispatch finally got us a
different load down in Jamesburg NJ at the Barnes & Noble dist.
center.  we sat there, watching the news and listening to the radio till
our load was ready late that night.  

from there we headed south to the PA turnpike and headed back home.  I
remember seeing convoy after convoy of emergency vehicles headed to NY
and almost no other traffic.  I didn't know it at the time but we drove
pretty close to the flight 93 crash site in PA.

I'llnever forget the sights and sounds of that day.  God bless all
those who lost their lives that day, and all those who gave all to try
and save others.
and fuck radical Islam.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#40]
God Bless America and those who defend her.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Good day to take notes tomorrow on who does what - I suspect there are radicals all over the world just looking for an excuse to rage.

We can post plenty of 'Sunday-morning quarterbacking' threads on 9/12.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#42]
I remember that morning like yesterday.

Came out of the NY/NJ Path Station via 1 WTC.  Picked up a bottle of cider from the Farmer's Market, crossed Broadway and cut through the little strip to get to my office.  The apple pies smelled great that morning from those Amish folks.  Grabbed a copy of the Daily News to see the Yankees are going to make it in to the playoffs.

It was a bright clear morning, can't say there was a cloud in the sky.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#43]
I was sitting in 10th Grade Eastern Civilizations/ History class. Second Period around 9:10AM reading  about Ayatollah Kohmeini as part of our middle east studies, when all of a sudden the 9th grade history teacher runs in and tells us to turn on CNN quick, telling us that two planes just crashed into the World Trade Center

to this day it still pisses me off.

First time I went to NYC was Sept 10th 2008. I damn near cried when I visited ground zero, BUT being there really helped remind me of why I wear a blue suit and do what I do for a living
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#44]
I remember the chaos of that day.  Fortunately the airline I worked for was NOT involved, but until we had all our planes accounted for it was a very scary time.  In the weeks after our department was among a few others that were basically commandeered to process the refunds of all the people just too afraid to fly.  Thats all we did, process refunds.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Never forget.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anybody know why?

vmax84

nope.  the helicopters wouldve been taken down by the smoke and massive updrafts the fires caused

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I was a freshman in HS. I was sitting in shop class when they rolled in a TV. We sat there and watched the whole thing on scrambled TV.

I'll never forget that kids in the class cheered when they announced we were going to be dismissed early that day. It made me furious

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
thanks, I was starting to forget

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You know what I mean, so please THINK before you post!

IT is against my usual policy, but you are right, those people deserve some decorum and reflection on this day, not a feces slingfest.

9-11 is about the heroes, victims and survivors not the perpetrators. We can bash them the rest of the year (and damn do they get bashed on AR15.com).
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top