Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/9/2002 7:35:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2002 7:38:23 PM EDT by mattja]
[b][blue]Zastava SKS Carbines 59/66 - Considered Destructive Devices in California[/blue][/b] [b]Zastava SKS Carbines 59/66 are considered destructive devices in California and therefore may not be purchased, possessed, imported, or kept for sale without a permit.[/b] [img]caag.state.ca.us/firearms/images/wide.jpg[/img] These weapons were incorporated into the Yugoslavian Army in 1966 and are constructed with grenade launchers on them. The factory brochure claims that the grenade launcher launches a 22 mm (approximately .80 caliber) grenade. [img]caag.state.ca.us/firearms/images/closeup.jpg[/img] [b]Based on the information in the factory brochure, this grenade launcher is a destructive device, and enumerated as such in California Penal Code section 12301(a)(4). Possession of such a device can be a felony. Please contact us if you anticipate purchasing this weapon.[/b] [url]caag.state.ca.us/firearms/zastava.htm[/url] -------------------- Yep, that's real fvcking sensible. And it's even more sensible to contact them. "Hi Mr. DOJ, my name's Matt. I just wanted to let you know I plan on committing a felony and I'm letting you know beforehand like the web page says. Here's my address..."
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:42:23 PM EDT
I'll say it again Get The Fuck Out Of Kalifornia. Move to a FREE state[;)]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:43:43 PM EDT
You can get one here in CA, but it's the emasculated version without the grenade launcher. And to add insult to injury they charge you more money for 'em.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:47:19 PM EDT
So where's the nearest Kwikie-Mart that sells 22mm grenades?[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:05:28 PM EDT
"(4) Any rocket, rocket-propelled projectile, or similar device of a diameter greater than 0.60 inch, or any launching device therefor, and any rocket, rocket-propelled projectile, or similar device containing any explosive or incendiary material or any other chemical substance, other than the propellant for such device, except such devices as are designed primarily for emergency or distress signaling purposes." This is the dickbreath code in question. This looks like it was written to stop the prolific and unlawful users of LAWS rockets and rifles with muzzle dia's of .862 got thrown in with it... (sigh)
Top Top