Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 11:15:19 AM EDT
What do you think about sending prison inmates to iraq to help fight this war. They would have to stay and fight till the end of the conflict...could be years. Here's the deal.....if you live threw the combat till the end of the war.....your a free man.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#1]

They wouldn't make it through Basic in the first place.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#2]
there's plenty of shit they could be doing stateside, like getting off their asses from watching tv and who knows what ever else things they shouldn't be having the luxury of.

lots of city's could use some cleaning and what not!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They wouldn't make it through Basic in the first place.  

Exactly.

If they had enough self-control to be successful in the military, most of them wouldn't have ended up in prison in the first place.

(And I know there are exceptions, but I am speaking in general terms.)
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How would you like to be in the middle of an ambush if half of your squad was only there because it was better than prison? How would you like to know that the guy sharing a foxhole with you was a convicted murderer, or drug pusher who had no integrity or honor? How many of them would end up walking off the first chance they got, selling thier rifle on the balck market and just going home?

How many of them are dumb asses that are in the wrong place at the wrong time ? How many of them didn't check ID and believed her when she said she was 18?How many of them had the audacity to speak out about a dirty cop or political figure and suddenly had a bunch of blow in their ashtray ? How many of them had a non drinking accident and some one died?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I see it both ways , if a judge hadn't given me the option of military service or prison I would not be the person I am today. The military is what a bunch of these guys need.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:08:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Sure, drop them from 30,000 ft over the Sunni triangle and tell them that they're now free men.

"Oh and btw, without a passport, or any other ID you're not going to be able to come back into the US. Thank you for flying Con-Air, here's your complimentary turban.... Buh-bye"
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What do you think about sending prison inmates to iraq to help fight this war. They would have to stay and fight till the end of the conflict...could be years. Here's the deal.....if you live threw the combat till the end of the war.....your a free man.

Stupidest idea this week.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Put them to work back here making defense related products instead. The ones that are worth a damn, anyway.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I would put them in a Baghdad jail. Then after mortar attacks every other day, they would find that they are not the bunch of hardasses they thought they were.

But until then, put them to work making defense products.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top